Help! Fitting Dog.. Goodbye Sweet Daisy Girl

openarms

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why i do this but for me it takes a little time for feelings to sink in. I bottle everything up untill i can't contain it anymore. Today i am feeling really bad like a delayed reaction or something. Yesterday a dear sweet neighbourhood dog was hit by a car in my street. She only lived 10 houses up and her owner was allways out had very very poor makeshift fencing. I had her at my house several times the first time was last christmas i posted about her on DOL. But a few days later her owner came knocking at my door. It was very traumatic to see her lifeless body on the raod like that. I was praying it wasn't Zoey but it was. She was a really really special girl. I would have adopted her if he didn't want her or couldn't care for her any longer :o I miss my poor darling Daisy i hope Zoey is up there with her and can be her friend. Daisys bed still smells like her and her blankets it makes me happy and sad at the same time..i don't want to wash them. I kissed my girl honey so many times last night i think she thinks i have gone mad. But i look at her 9 years old and i know i won't have her forever either. And when you see the lifeless body of a dog you love it makes you realise alot of simple truths. Like just love them as much as you possibly can , don't rush through your days so much. The lifelss body of a dog i love is void of the little spirit that i adored and even though i try to have faith i still feel bewildered that she is gone. It's like she dissapeared and i am left standing here not knowing what to do..

Edited by openarms

I haven't stopped crying since reading your post Openarms, I've been thru it 3 times with my furbabies now and it never gets any easier, they are only given to us for a very short time and it is our duty to make their life happy in that short time and you definitely made Daisy's life happy and I think when she was rehomed it was meant to be that it didn't work out and she was back in your arms until God called her home, she looked a gorgeous dog and you will be able to remember her with love and laughter in time, at all the funny little things she did, have fun at :o Miss Daisy, Take care Openarms

Openarms. It does get easier. The emotions and things you describe are not unfamiliar to me. I didn't think I could ever get beyond the despair and anguish. You do. You will. Give it time and in that time be kind to yourself. You are recovering from shock and you are grieving. It is a huge emotional upheaval. Hang in there.

Sleep softly, Daisy.

Openarms, I am deeply sorry for you.. I don't know how to comfort you because I can't put my words together.. but I do know that the pain you are feeling now will not last forever, Daisy will know that she will always be in your heart and she is at peace with that. Her time with you had been a blessed one.

I sincerely hope that you'll be feeling better.

RIP Daisy