Help! Fitting Dog.. Goodbye Sweet Daisy Girl

openarms

My dog is having a fit!!! She is at the vets right now they came and got her about 10 minutes ago. I am SOOOO worried! By the time the vet arrived she had been fitting for 20 minutes!!! Why has this happened??? She's normally very healthy and strong as an ox never had a problem ever not a single thing. Can she recover from such a prolonged fit???

Edited by openarms

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen anything like it her legs are all out straight she can't walk she was flipping around like a fish out of water. The vet said she could have brain damage from fitting so long. I just want to know what the odds are for her recpvering and not having serious problems afterwards :rolleyes: :laugh: :D she wouldn't let the vet near her she was barking and screaming:(

I just spoke to the vet they have advised me to have her put to sleep :rolleyes: She has been fitting too long apparently and her chances for recovery are slim :laugh: :D and that her chances of being brain damaged are very high. Poor sweet Daisy. I found her about a year ago maybe a little more. She was on the road side and i drove past her with my mum. My mum talked me out of picking her up at first because i am 'allways' picking up dogs... But the next day she was still there. I believe someone had dumped her and she was still waiting for them to come get her. By the time i got round to trying to get her into my car she was on the main road. She was so terrified she would not walk up to me on her feet. She would only crawl to me on her belly. It took me two weeks to get her to stop crawling to me with her chin to the ground and about another month to get her to stop rolling over the second i approached her to pat her. A lovely lady from cattle dog rescue put her on the website for me and i found her the perfect new home. But sadly she would not let him approach her she was so scared as he was a very tall man. I could get her used to people after a while but she allways remained afraid and hand shy :vomit: So she's been with us ever since. She was the biggest sook in the world. She though she was a puppy and would lay across your lap belly up. She was more like a polar bear. She was great with my fosters especially the puppies. My Sweet Daisy. I don't understand why she had to die in such a horrible way. Why do dogs have fits??? I just don't understand :eek::o :D

I'm terribly sorry openarms :rolleyes: Although it's probably the last thing on your mind at the moment perhaps you should consider having an autopsy done, at least it may help you to make some sense of her death. My thoughts are with you.

My dog is having a fit!!! She is at the vets right now they came and got her about 10 minutes ago. I am SOOOO worried! By the time the vet arrived she had been fitting for 20 minutes!!! Why has this happened??? She's normally very healthy and strong as an ox never had a problem ever not a single thing. Can she recover from such a prolonged fit???

Does your dog have annual heartworm injections? I hope your little girl recovers. Good luck. Evelin

Honey!

Huge hugs to you and sincere condolences.

I've just been through this with my "partner" Daims... 3 weeks ago....cry as much as you can...let it out...talk about it & remember all the happy times! & know that at least she had a good life with you...so many dogs don't ever get the chance to have a loving home!

:thumbsup::) :D

hugs & more hugs

Aus :D

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog openarms :thumbsup:

My cat is on regular medication because she has regular seizures that are just awful to watch, but the Vet assures me that chances are she has no pain during the fit and has no recollection afterwards. I don't know if this is true but it helps me feel a bit better.