Puppy Mistaking Discipline For Playfulness

samoyedman

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

;)

I am quite certain my pup (7mths) thinks that I am in a serious battle with the vacuum cleaner and is trying to help me win...which of course we do every time :laugh:

I either put her outside before vacuuming or ignore her and run her down with it :rofl: (gently of course)

• 3 months later...

lol i remember those teething days, god those little teeth can HURT . I tried everything with my gril..the whole swapping for a chew toy, clamping the mouth shut, yelping...EVERYTHING, lol but the best remedy i found is patience...unfortunately i just had to wait for her to grow up..but gosh my fingers suffered in the meantime lol

What we do with our pup is when he nips us because he's excited we say a firm "NO" and distract him with a chew toy and give him praise for chewing on the toy. If he bites us hard to get our attention we will either say a firm "NO" turn our backs and act cross while completely ignoring him until he calms down and behaves, or if it's really bad a firm "no" and we walk away completely. That way he knows if he hurts us we won't play with him any more.

-Elise

Well Carli is 6mths now and is only JUST not biting us as much now . :laugh:

But she will still grab the kids, unless they can grab a toy to throw for her before she gets to them ;)

It is very frustrating cause she is so intelligent but she just dosn't realise how much she hurts.

She will grab me and try to lead me around and Like Rachelle we have tried everything :rofl:

And turning away from her only gives her a better shot at your ankles :rofl:

Mind you its mainly when she is having a hypo that is the worst now, like the jumping on us ,she hasn't done it for a few weeks and has now just decided its good fun again.

Patience, patience,patience :)

She will grow out of it,she will grow out of it , she will grow out of it :rofl: