Im Clicker Hooked!

SwaY

WOW HUGE difference.

100% for sit and drop now!! :)

Even my MIL snotty nose little Chi behaves, he can't wait to do as he is asked, Something he has never done. :p

( Ding is on layby :p MIL is on holidays so we are babysitting him, i may just keep him now :cheer: )

Still on the hunt for a treat that is easy to hand out so to speak, but we will get there.

:D :laugh: :p

I am doing the clicker training to with my 6 mth old pap :laugh: Sit and drop are good, and I only use treats occassionally and alternate it with a play reward/ fuss etc on the things I know he knows :)

I am using a slice of skinless cherio, that is then 1/4ered, and teeny bits of cheese and also there is a dried liver treat that he loves ( it is called LIX) which is more of a chunk so you can handle it better that the wafer thin slices of other brands that are too hard to pick up :D

Mine gets excited when he sees me pick up the clicker HHHHH GREAT eye contact lol

I used the clicker for my Chihuahua boy & as much as I don't want too, I do use the packet treats from the supermarket or pet shop but cut them up into tiny pieces - about the size of half a pea.

They are really smelly (that would be all the artificial colours, flavours & preservatives :laugh: ) so the dogs just love them. Cheese or meat just got all mushed up in my hand or pocket.

Still on the hunt for a treat that is easy to hand out so to speak,

try making your own liver treats

buy ox liver, boil for a few minutes, with oven on lowest setting allow to heat up.

Slice your cooling liver as thinly as you can

leave in oven till dry but check every now and again and maybe break up a bit more.

allow to cool completely and store in a yoghurt container. dogs love home made treats and they are cheap and very easy to dispense.

Also I buy polony and cut very small... teeny bits, they throw well as do the liver treats. if you have your dog to hand ( so to speak) you can have mushed up in your left hand with clicker to right when heeling so only using teeny bits.

I also buy chicken drumsticks, microwave say a kilo for 10 minutes or till flesh comes off bone, place that on a tray in oven at 180 for 20 minutes or till crispy.. dogs love it..

great stuff with the clicker training :thumbsup:

I bought a clicker in my first puppy school class on the weekend. Our homework this week is just for her to associate the clicker with a treat (I think! With all that was happening at puppy school, and with Stella very excited, it's hard to remember everything). I'm really looking forward to learning more about clicker training, it seems like such a great way to train.

Still on the hunt for a treat that is easy to hand out so to speak, but we will get there.

I use nutrigrain. Granted it is high in sugar and probably not a good nutritional choice but the dogs don't get all that much that it is a problem to them. It iks their favourite and they will, if given the opportunity, pick it out of a handfull of different treats

Edited by curlyking

i'm going to have to do a search to find out wtf you lot are talking about!

And by the end of it we'll be able to click & say "Good Wombat" & you'll be doing tricks for us :o:( ;) .

:rofl:

There is many styles to them, but they all have the same purpose, but like a man really :eek::rofl: