Refreshing The House

Hi :rofl:

I know i have asked a similar question before, but i cant remember what people said , it was long time ago and i need another update :provoke:

I am currently looking after some dogs, apart from my own...

Its going to get smellier than usual and they are all mostly inside dogs..

I dont want to use too many spray type deodrisers..cause of my fish and birds and cause they make me feel sick..

Whats a good cheap neutrilising thing to use in this situation...

I dont really want to use carpet powder either (hope im not getting too difficult here?) :thumbsup:

I have insense burners, but they also make me feel sick :laugh:

Is that stuff called nilador effective?

any other suggestions

thanks

Jules :eek:

Hi :rofl:

I know i have asked a similar question before, but i cant remember what people said , it was long time ago and i need another update :provoke:

I am currently looking after some dogs, apart from my own...

Its going to get smellier than usual and they are all mostly inside dogs..

I dont want to use too many spray type deodrisers..cause of my fish and birds and cause they make me feel sick..

Whats a good cheap neutrilising thing to use in this situation...

I dont really want to use carpet powder either (hope im not getting too difficult here?) :thumbsup:

I have insense burners, but they also make me feel sick :laugh:

Is that stuff called nilador effective?

any other suggestions

thanks

Jules :eek:

Hi Jules, I hope I can be of assistance. It's for a scented cleaner / freshener. I found this remedy on the net but not sure where now, I use it and love it. I use it when my puppy has little accidents inside, but have started going over the hard flooring with it as it smells lovely. Here are the ingredients, enjoy.

1 cup of white vinegar

50mls eucalyptus oil

20 drops lemon essential oil

mix and put into a squirty bottle and shake before use as oils sit ontop of vinegar.

I usually add a little water as it is a little to vinegary

Apparently if she sprinkle bicarb over your carpets overnight and vacume it up the next morning it neutralizes odurs.

P.S - My spelling is rubbish I know...sorry! (ashamed to admit I'm a teacher!)

Edited by cavmad

Thanks Mrs grumblebum, gonna give your idea a go for sure! :thumbsup:

Cavmad hi :provoke: i might try to bi carb idea too, but i'll have to becareful, don't want them getting too much of it on their paws and causing irratations..you know how cavs are quite sensitive with their skin and feet etc

Thanks Puggles, i think i will get some nilodor too! :laugh:

I use those plug-in things, you can change how strong the perfume smell is by turning the dial up or down...so if you kept it down fairly low it should still freshen the place without making you feel unwell :thumbsup:

Thanks shekhina, i tried the vanilla one, and on low but it still made me feel bit eeky..i like it tho :provoke:

Oh bugger.

I have a green tea one at the moment, it's a much lighter smell than the vanilla. I must look pretty silly standing in the aisle scratching and sniffing all the boxes :laugh::provoke:

ok maybe i'll try the green tea one, will it help me lose weight at the same time ?! LOL

cause isn't green tea all bout good health these days :thumbsup:

If you have any carpet or even just floor rugs a great way to freshen the smell of the house up is to use a foam type product called 'No Vac for fresh carpets'. You need to choose the one that 'Neutralises pet odours' though as they have all different types for different problems.

Its not so much a heavily perfumed foam but rather leaves the house smelling fresh. I cant stand bit odours and for that reason, hate alot of those flora toilet sprays etc. Some make me quite nausious infact.

This carpet foam is really good though! Just spray it on carpets or rugs, then leave it for about 15 mins then I vacuum over it when its dry.

It isnt that expensive either a 300mL/290g NET tin is less then $6.00. I but it at Woolworths, but im sure coles etc would have it. Fantastic stuff im very impressed with it.

Kyla

No Vac for pets is great - the others have really strong smells that I am not fond of but the pet one really does have just a 'fresh' smell. Doesn't smell like baby powder but it is in that kind of category if that makes sense?

And it leaves no residue either and dissolves into the carpet really quickly.

I am not a fan of nilodour at all - but that probably stems to the fact that my parents used to use it to try and cover the smell of possums that died in our garage and nilodour mixed with dead possum is not nice - I'd go so far as to say plain old dead possum is preferable!

thanks guys....not sure we can get rid of our carpet.....the owners might not be happy with us :provoke:

tho it is in bad condition (not our fault)

we do regular vaccuming and we have a powerful v/cleaner :laugh:

altho cause our vac cleaner is so powerful, its pulling at all the loose threads and ripping up the carpet even more :thumbsup:

the agents has been made aware of this :rofl:

Edited by Jules loves Joey and Renae