Does Anyone Use Pro Plan?

Sezy

Just wondering if anyone uses Pro Plan? It was on special yesterday two 18kg bags for $99 so I thought why not! So now that I have 36 kilo's of it I am wondering what it is like???

I have used Imas and Nutrience up until now.

Thanks in Advance

Ive currently got my extremely fussy and hard to keep weight on dog, on it at the moment. He hasnt been on it for long to see any difference in coat or weight yet, but his poo has stayed small and hard. Plus he has energy to burn now.

I saw the same bargain and came home with my two bags and my free trigger hose dog wash thingy. When I checked the docket later, i found they had only charge me $79, so extra bargain. It is a bit short dated but I've got 10 dogs to feed so we're getting through it quickly. They all actually like it and I've got some fussy ones. Even the tinies who turn up their noses at dry food are coming back for seconds. I usually feed Eukanuba and the proplan is resulting in poos that are pretty similar, maybe a tiny tiny bit softer and a lighter colour. I've fallen for some other 'bargains' in the pst and often regretted it but I think I'd use this food again.

Jo

Has anyone else tried it on a dog that gains weight easily? What's the kcal/cup on the "light"?

Had a look at Royal Canin but can't find the kcal/cup or by 100 g info - real useful when you're shopping for light dog food :) Am just about out of EP and wouldn't mind trying something different :)

Which Royal Canin type are you after, you can usually get the info from the non-Aus RC sites.

Maxi Light - This product contains 3100 kilocalories/kilogram or 270 kilocalories per cup ME (metabolizable energy) on an as fed basis (calculated). (cup = 88g)

Mini Light - This product contains 3100 kilocalories/kilogram or 296 kilocalories per cup ME (metabolizable energy) on an as fed basis (calculated). (cup = 92g)

Edited by molasseslass

The Labrador 30's a possibly as I have a lab x kelpie.... :)

I mostly raw feed, have dry food as a back up and she gets a small handful with her dinner most nights.

Will try the non-Aus sites, Aus ones been down for ages from memory? :cheer:

Purina One is the supermarket version. Purina One seemed to have more corn type products at a quick glance and a lower protein level. There are websites for both if you want to compare.

My fatty girl is on the sensitive one (only because pup needs it). She hasn't porked up on it and her coat is coming back nicely. It had gone really dry from the 'diet' foods.

• 3 weeks later...