Sammy Is Sick

Nevafollo

hey guys im taking sam to the vet this arvo because he is pretty sick he spewed last night then again this morning then did a very bloody poo about an hour ago so we rang our usualy vet and they are closing so we are goin to my auntys usual vet who are open.... hes off his food but still drinking heaps...

ive looked up some stuff i could be but cant figure it out...he did have a rather large bone last night and im worried it may have splintered and cut something!!!!

any ideas on what might be goin on.... i know you guys probably wouldnt know alot more than me but im just soooo worried!!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by sammy_ballerina

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope he's ok, great that you can get him into the vet

Fingers crossed its something simple :thumbsup:

i really hope it is something simple......

we are ment to be goin to the newcastle DOL met today.....will see how he goes at the vets and if he has to stay there i might get fergus to the meet....

Charlie was pooing blood and vomiting a little while back and it was caused by bacteria in his guts so Lillysmum could be right about the food poisoning.... just get it checked though. Charlie was put on antibiotics and is fine now.

Hope he is OK!

ok well the vet thinks he may have torn something in his lower section like bowls or gut....anyway he's on antibiotics and something else we havent seen any improvement yet but its only been an hour or so the vet wasnt too concerned because he hasnt been bringing up alot of the water hes been drinking, if he is still as bad tomoro afternoon we have to go back and i might ask him about the food poisoning and see what he thinks!!!

thanx guys

no change really he still looks very sad and has no energy...i went outside to see if he had done any more blood poos but looks like it may have sprinkled some rain this morn so couldnt find anything.....he has puke once or twice last night by the looks of it but we are giving it till tomoro, hes not allowed to eat til this arvo and hes only allowed boiled chicken and rice in very small meals...hopefully he will eat it...sam is already such a skiny dog because he wasnt fed properly as a pup and hes only been off the food for a day and a bit but hes just disapearing hes getting so skinny!!!i went out to check on him 5 times last night and barely slept.....a few times he didnt even move from where he was and it scared the shit out of me....and he didnt sleep on the veranda on his dog bed like usualy, he slept out in the middle of the dirt which was weird!!!!

Edited by sammy_ballerina

Can you bring him inside the house an put him on a comfy bed. That way you will be more easily able to check on him and he'll be much more comfortable.

He is vaccinated against Parvo isn't he? Dogs with Parvo drink lots of water.

Hope he's getting better!

yes ofcaourse he is vaccinated

we brought him in but him and saxon both cried non stop so put him out side with his dog pillow and doona, i dont know how we are ever goin to seperate those too!!!

he has picked up abit i will update in the morning hopefully there will be even more inprovement