Our Beautiful Girl

Paula-

Shadow had a hard life, we saw the photos of where she lived before she came to us and it broke our hearts.

She came to us 16 months ago with a bad limp, we found that she had a broken leg that hadn't been treated. It was likely 6 weeks old, and too late to fix - it healed a bit wonky but she recovered. Nicknamed 'Hoppy' by the people who helped with her rescue, she became her dad's shadow..

Shadow was quiet to start with, unsure of being part of a family, but soon she was bouncing on the bed, farting in our face and barking at us whenever she wanted anything. She had a goofy grin and a 'sad face' to beat 'em all - and used it to get whatever she wanted. She was special.

Last week Shadow started limping, not much at first - we thought she'd bruised herself by bouncing into the coffee table, asking for a treat - but it got worse quickly and our worst fears were confirmed.

Bone cancer took you from us far too soon, you should have had a much longer life with us - stealing steak off the table and running off with visitors' handbags.

We all miss you, Shadow girl.

Shadow 17.10.1997 - 15.01.2007

Shadowpark.jpg

Shadowwhatyoulookinat.jpg

Shadow.jpg

Edited by paula_canberra

Paula and Harry our sincerest condolences :cry:

Hapi is up there waiting to welcome her. They were so special, both always seeming to realise the gift they had been given of a new start and a loving home.

Hugs to you both :(

Run swift and pain free sweet girl :rainbowbridge:

Oh no Paula, I'm so sorry :cry: big hugs to you and Harry :(

After the terrible life she had had, I'm so happy for Shadow that she got to spend her remaining time here with you both, as it was Heaven on earth for her.

RIP Shadow :rainbowbridge: run wild and run free....

Paula, I am so sorry to hear about Shadow :)

I knew you had some bad news, but didnt realise it was this (one of my emails to you that went astray).

Shadow was an adorable girl, who - maybe for the first time in her life - got to play, zoom, be cheeky and wrestle with the other dogs. You and Shadow's dad made sure that her life was full of quality and I'm sure she was a very happy girl.

RIP Shadow :)