Do You Ever Feed Pork?

SALTWOOD

Yep, and it's a big favorite with dogs and cat! I feed everything from shoulder roasts (when they're on special), pork ribs, hocks, trotters, tongue, cheek, heart, kidney, ears (raw) as treats. I even save some of the fat from pork cheeks to add to the dog's meals when extra fat is needed in the winter for warmth, or in the summer for hydration, or if one of the dogs needs to gain weight.

simetimes if i get bones from safeway,, in meat section i get the soup bones,, as there is a lot of meat on them.. there is pork bones,, have fed them no affects and dogs love them... last week i had pork snitzel in fridge to cook for kids for dinner. for some reason it didnt get cooked,, i dont like it sitting in fridge more than 2 days so.. dogs had it. mind you i got some great attention heeling and work one,, i used it to do a short training sesion, in backyard dangling a pork snitzel does wonders..

Mine love absolutely anything porky.

Too much pork fat can cause very loose stools so just don't give them too much fat. One DOL'er put a Heinz spin on it .....Pork means farts, which I have to agree with as too much pork causes rancid flatulence but they probably think the same thing about us. :rolleyes:

pork could be a problem if its not human quality. Also depending on what parts you use it could be a bit rich at times so just mix it in with other things. Feeding rice or even designated coconut with it could be helpful in teh poop department as they would just add "bulk" to the stools.

I feed pork!!

My guys love a pigs head every now and then.

I have one girl who only eats pork when she is pregnant. Has never done her an harm. Always whelped lovely puppies.

Please be careful with ham guys. Ham is cured pork. It is usually either salted or has soium nitrate used to cure it. It is not good for dogs on the whole. Better off feeding straight raw pork.

Yep, even when they are puppies ,I give my dogs Pork hocks and they love them. Lots of juicy meat on the bone for them to rip off and then they demolish the bones.

I don't give them the trotters much though, I prefer to boil those up,boil the goodness out of them and then let the juice cool down in to jelly and pour that over their dinners...........very good for them.

I only feed ears, trotters, noses etc.

I had been told that pork wasn't that good for dogs. In fact, I have heard that Ham is one of the biggest killers of dogs at xmas time. Maybe it's just another one of those stupid myths????