Rspca Insurance

rooster78

I believe it may have something to do with the RSPCA's support of BSL?

But I had to go into the kennels at the RSPCA the other day, and it broke my heart... and I thank goodness for the people there that care for the poor doggies (and cats).

If I needed pet insurance, I'd have no problems going with the RSPCA.

It is not only BSL,

It also the fact that the RSPCA spent 10's of thousands of dollars getiing tail docking banned, when there were FAR FAR worse things happening in the animal world.

I feel sorry for all the dogs & the hard working volunteers, but Personally I wouldn't give them 2c.

JMHO

Tens of thousands of dollars on their tail docking campaign and then turn around ask for donations for kitty litter for the cats in their shelters.

Horses that die in paddocks because they will not respond to calls to investigate.

We could go on and on.

All creatures great and small.........what a joke!!

Yep they waste money on un urgent things ,dont act on cruelty,own pet shops & i believe battery hens.

I agree they wasted thousnads of dollars on the tail docking issues yet a situation i now off from last year that is horrific,documented & reported by a local ranger etc etc they did nothing ,yet they acted on silient complaint on tail docking to find out nothing had been done,all the pups had tails but hey dont worry about the dog kicked to death

I will not donate any money to them as i do not trust where the money is going,i would happily donate product or blankets because atleast it is going to the needy.

When they start getting there priorities right then maybe i may change my views but wasting peoples donations especially in avenues i dare say most people didnt now.

A couple of years ago a Vet reported an owner who was refusing to treat his cat with hepatitis - this cat would have been in awful pain and dying a horrible death.

We were given a 'case number' and never heard anything after that. We don't even know if anyone investigated it. This is a formal complaint from a Vet Clinic with legal records.

Go figure. :)

Suffice to say that the spin this organisation puts out is at odds with what it actually does...which overall, it does very little. It receives HUGE amounts of donated funds and goods, huge amounts of gov't funding, and yet it kills, on average, 50% of the dogs that enter its shelters. :)

Many of the actual staff are wonderful - it's the overall organisation that stinks...and stinks badly.

PM me if you would like any clarification. :laugh:

I will *never* support it in any way EVER AGAIN. It's just not something I could comfortably do from an ethical POV. :)

Hi,

I've just done the pet insurance research too and decided against the RSPCA product but for a different reason - its simply more expensive than comparable and in some cases better products on the market.

I too worry about the RSPCAs priorities - some concerted action against puppy farming and BYBs would be good just for starters...

Cheers

Westiemum

• 3 months later...
Hi,

I've just done the pet insurance research too and decided against the RSPCA product but for a different reason - its simply more expensive than comparable and in some cases better products on the market.

I too worry about the RSPCAs priorities - some concerted action against puppy farming and BYBs would be good just for starters...

Cheers

Westiemum

I have been considering pet insurance for my two but aam a bit short on time for research. I was hoping I could be cheeky :laugh: and ask you to give me a run down of who you went with Westiemum and why? PM me if you don't want to discuss publically.

My understanding is that this insurance is some financial product, it's sold under a few names, and so RSPCA is only an agent. They would get a small % of the profit. I'm not 100% sure though

I refuse to purchase any product from any org that supports bsl and encourage others to do the same.

Excuse my naievety, but what is BSL?

BSL = Breed Specific Legislation.

Aha - so not the brotherhood of St Laurence :o Thanks

A couple of years ago a Vet reported an owner who was refusing to treat his cat with hepatitis - this cat would have been in awful pain and dying a horrible death.

We were given a 'case number' and never heard anything after that. We don't even know if anyone investigated it. This is a formal complaint from a Vet Clinic with legal records.

Go figure. :D

:o So? You've have just said you didn't know if it was or wasn't followed up. Perhpas you didn't express yourself well?? If you don't know then what are you angry about... they may have followed up. Are you angry because they didn't call you back?