Hard Lower Stomach

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes SwaY, feel free to come cook...I might pass though :mad

FJ, she is back to looking like a fatty boomba now :rofl: All that hard dieting and playing gone in a day...lucky it's all crap, better be anyways :angel:

ETA: I'm getting some photos for you, she is STILL harassing poor Gomez, there's a video of her trying to get him to move, lucky my cats are so incredibly patient :mad

Edited by shekhina

Saw her pics & used one of them in my siggie. :rofl: Thanks shek for the siggie compliment, but I don't have alot of fonts unfortunately. So plain is the go for me. :mad

Jaida's coat look so shiny & soft. Good ol Aloveen. It did alot for Bob's skin & coat too. He had very thin fur on his back & his skin was so dry & flaky. Aloveen leave in conditioner helped Bob grow back a new coat.

Jaida is such a gorgeous girl :mad , awww I wuv my fatty boombah! :angel:

Edited by FreyaJade

Ohh you changed it :mad

Yep, Jaida's dry skin has cleared up and her coat is good. Not that you can tell after she's been outside because it's a yard of dirt and the dogs have been digging to China :mad

I wuv her too, I'm going to find it so very hard when she leaves.

Probably too late to help - but for my recently constipated rottweiler, the vet prescribed Actilax (normal human laxative you can get at the chemist). The dose is 15 mls twice daily for around three or four days. You can syringe it carefully into her mouth. It is a bit stronger than the paraffin oil but does the same job.

I've also been feeding her lots of tuna, sardines and vegetables to help and including liquid in the meal at all times to help it pass through easily.

I also gave her an enema - microlax. She was not impressed.

Just an update :mad

I've spoken to another vet today who has advised to keep up with the paraffin for at least another 24 hours and also to start feeding her really watered down sloppy canned food (the boys are going to be so jealous :mad)

If she hasn't passed anything by the end of the weekend they've said to take her in.

Fingers crossed there's a whole bunch of movement soon!

hopefully something happens soon....

if it were me she would have been already at the vet.

all sorts of things can both cause, and result from, constipation.

paraffin is fine..but it is ONLY a lubricant. you may find the oil seeping out AROUND the offending blockage....check and see if there are any oily stains or shiny bits around the rear end. if you notice anything like this..get straight back to the vet...as it means what is there does NOT want to move.

lots of liquidy canned muck ...yum!

Thanks Hounder :rofl:

Jaida still doesn't appear to have passed anything but she's still happy playing with the boys and generally being a nuisance towards the cats :laugh:

She's about to have her last dose of paraffin tonight (as well as PAL as advised by the vet), hopefully she will be wanting to pass something in the morning :D

With my clogged up rotti, I was advised by several people to leave her a few more days to see if she went. Being a worrier and a glass half empty type, I took her in anyway. The vet felt her abdomen and found an obstruction I had missed. It turns out she must have found some old bones and scoffed the lot. All the stuff I tried like enemas paraffin and watered down Pal was having no effect as the bone fragments had well and truly wedged themselves there.

She had to be knocked out by the vet, given another enema, and bones manually removed from the rectum. Luckily the obstruction was right at the end. If it had been higher up, it could have meant surgery and possible ongoing complications.

I'm not saying this is the case with your girl but just thought you ought to know what can happen. The rotti otherwise looked fine the whole time. She was happy and hadn't lost her appetite.