Training Partners - Updated

Come and check it out and see how you feel, you can even just watch at the start if you want

Learn what you need to be teaching her and what to aim for so you wont have to reteach stuff like me :D

Edited by shoemonster

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come and check it out and see how you feel, you can even just watch at the start if you want

Learn what you need to be teaching her and what to aim for so you wont have to reteach stuff like me :)

You melbourne guys sound like a lot of fun to hang out with. Especially if they are as cool as shoemonster! :D

I'm scared now! The judge on the weekend (members comp) picked up so much stuff that I am now feeling rather useless!! All mainly to do with my use of food, well incorrect use. blah. Pup was good for his first time in a ring though. He didn't seem too bothered. The worse thing he did was go wide when the judge was walking near us, he wanted to chat to him!

Ok guys so how many people are definately coming and how is this going to be run so everyone gets help. Im coming but im not looking for help i'll train on the side lines and offer some distraction

also who's experienced trialled past open and knows how to do a runthrough i guess would be important

Edited by wheres my rock

I'm coming on the 14th- not so much wanting lots of assistance, more just having the opportunity to use distractions, help others and work in a different environment I'll have 2 dogs with me

I'm coming both days. I have not trained pass CCD :laugh::)

I am happy to help where I can but also looking for some help with my two - my CD boy - some specific stuff (dumbell work, distance work etc) and my younger girl - where to go next :cheer:.

I have a feeling my girl may be coming into season - she will definately be there on the 14th as i'll be showing her (you can show bitches in season can't you?), and will be crated - if anyone is concerned about this - PM me and we'll see if we can sort something out :o. She is my first 'entire' girl so i'm not sure how long it will be until she is 'in' but i've noticed 'slight' swelling today :birthday:

yes you can show her in season but see how sh is for some girls its all very traumatic the first tiem and the boys will want to hassle her so she may get overwhelmed I dont have a problem with her being there in season great distractiona nd i belive dogs should be able to work with a girl in season around or else you'd be stuffed if you at the park and someone showed up with one

LOL - yes i'm going to 'wait and see' how she goes - but she is probably used to males giving her the good 'ol sniff as Leo is permanently stuck to her! :laugh: - whether she smells 'nice' or not - he always has to check!!!

If I think she'll be too stressed i'll obviously leave her at home as like you say - I don't want to make a bad experience of it. Also if she starts earlier than I expect and she is between days 7-10 she'll be staying home :)

Probably wont be able to make it on the 14th as i am not even sure where KCC park is but should definately make it to the day at Knox.

not so much wanting lots of assistance, more just having the opportunity to use distractions, help others and work in a different environment I'll have 2 dogs with me

Same. My current dog is young and has had no obedience trialling training as we only compete in yard dog trials but i want to start doing obedience with him as well, so we arent quite up to the picky stage yet.

But when we are, I love being picked to shreds for our faults, its the best way to learn.

Experienced trialler, have competed to CDX, then trained UD but never competed in it (all with previous dogs). Although, saying that, i havent trialled for a few years so have no idea about the CCD class or what is expected in it :) .

ETA I am a new Melbournite and that is why i dont know where KCC park is, otherwise you would think i am very non doggy not even knowing where one of the primary dog places are :laugh:

Edited by jesomil

lol

KCC is easy to get to Jesomil if you want to try it

Just get on the South Eastern Freeway Outbound

Continue til it runs into Sth Gipplands Freeway (which you go to the left after you pass the Heatherton Road turn off),

Continue about 12km along that until after you go through a huge round about you have kcc on your right