Training Partners - Updated

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested, though I'm a newbie whom now one here knows. I haven't started trialing but intend to. I'm working through basic obedience right now. I'll watch this thread for times and dates if I'm welcome.

There's a picture of 'the subject' below.

Cheers.

Naomi.

I am also new here and just starting out so basic traning would apply for me too. Does anyone know if something like this is going to be run around the western suburbs? or region? if not i dont mind travelling further out to Knox BUT would like to chat with some one a little more about this.

Also does anyone here know there are private schutzhund traning classes also held? Mainly building up drive etc in dogs, giving them confidence.

Thanks

I'm hanging to meet LL and the dogs! Even though I am guaranteed to be a complete disgrace in comparison :thumbsup:

Why thankyou, I think :D

I am mad though, especially since giving up work 6 years ago. A perfect example, today.

I drove to a friend's farm in Gippsland. Awesome place. So GREEN. Anyway, it started to rain, after I had set up my remote throwers. Did I run to the car? No. I was focused and as the dogs could not care less about being wet, I continued. I have just driven home soaked. Have I changed my clothes. No. Checking out DOL instead.

See mad.

Edited by Lablover

Hi Wagalot (and others who indicated their interest),

Final details of Training Day at Lablovers will be posted over the weekend.

It will be Sunday April 29th and all will be revealed in the relevant post.

I have to speak to Lablover tonight to discuss the day - we have a few things lined up.

Cheers

Julie

Well this kind-of got bigger than ben hur! The clinic is very cool as will be the other meet-up. But I don't know about other people but I was interested in meeting up with people in the local park (ok that sounds really weird!!) and doing some training and getting some feedback. Is anyone else still wanting to do a more low key thing? Anyone around over Easter?

i know what your saying jules

if you have to many it will end up with having to have one person help the beginners etc not quite what was origianlly planned i was thinking of a trian your own dog and if you ned a hand with something then get someone to have a look and discuss maybe get a runthrough that type of thing

im free over easter was panning to head to kcc at least one day over the hols just not sure which

ok - how about this - since there is such a big interest - how about we take bookings? Max of 10 - 15 people???

Dates I believe are still 14th and 28th. 14th Arvo and 28th Morning.

Please PM me with your email address and which one/s you are able to go to - I will keep your email and then contact you directly for future meets....

First in best dressed.... that way there won't be too many people :laugh:

To re-quote the dates:

or those of us that want to train something specific - please write down and have a think about it before coming so that you are able to tell us what level you are at and what your aim is - where your weaknesses are and what you want to improve etc,etc.. I think this is the best way for us to help each other.

1st date -

14th April 2007 - KCC Park - Afternoon - probably around 2ish? I am at the Show there in the morning so I figured we can do some training after that since so many of you are near KCC.

28th April 2007 - Knox ODC? - Morning - Say 9ish? This gives those that can't come in the arvos a possibility of coming!

Edited by leopuppy04

Hi Wagalot (and others who indicated their interest),

Final details of Training Day at Lablovers will be posted over the weekend.

It will be Sunday April 29th and all will be revealed in the relevant post.

I have to speak to Lablover tonight to discuss the day - we have a few things lined up.

Cheers

Julie

ok - how about this - since there is such a big interest - how about we take bookings? Max of 10 - 15 people???

Dates I believe are still 14th and 28th. 14th Arvo and 28th Morning.

Please PM me with your email address and which one/s you are able to go to - I will keep your email and then contact you directly for future meets....

First in best dressed.... that way there won't be too many people

To re-quote the dates:

or those of us that want to train something specific - please write down and have a think about it before coming so that you are able to tell us what level you are at and what your aim is - where your weaknesses are and what you want to improve etc,etc.. I think this is the best way for us to help each other.

1st date -

14th April 2007 - KCC Park - Afternoon - probably around 2ish? I am at the Show there in the morning so I figured we can do some training after that since so many of you are near KCC.

28th April 2007 - Knox ODC? - Morning - Say 9ish? This gives those that can't come in the arvos a possibility of coming!

em do i contact you leopuppy for the 29th or Sardog????

and you have the date wrong......or is this 2 different days :laugh: i can come on the 29th sunday.

but where is it being held?Lablovers? where? what area?

Sam

em do i contact you leopuppy for the 29th or Sardog????

and you have the date wrong......or is this 2 different days :laugh: i can come on the 29th sunday.

but where is it being held?Lablovers? where? what area?

Sam

that one - contact LL - Not organised by me so I know nothing :laugh:

The other two dates were organised by me and are just for 'trailling practice' or something similar :D

arrr thanks for that....

so there is training on the 28th at KCC or KNOX???? :laugh: sorry lil confused :laugh:

and then seprate training day threw lablover and sardog, on the 29th????

is that right

I can't make to the 14th.

but that weekend of the 28th and 29th i can do doggy stuff :D

thanks leopup.....having one of those days today :laugh:

can any one tell me what the map ref is for knox????

want to know how far it is before i commit :laugh:

ohh and leopup its probably and good opportunity too see how leo and Cooper work together if they are going to be in novice together :D

thanks sam

Edited by wagalot

So are the training days at KCC and Knox now for people who need help? or are they still for people to just come along and do a bit of training with like minded people who have the same high aspirations?

What you said Jesomil :laugh:.... just whoever wants to come along and do a bit of training - but for me personally - I have trialling in mind :laugh:.

Don't have the mel ref Wagalot - but it is the cnr of Scoresby Rd and FTG Rd.

WMR - still feel free to bring your pooches - i'm sure you'll have time to help AND train :laugh:

LOL - that was the general idea yes, but it then got confusing as to whether the dogs were AT trialling level or TRAINING to trialling level :laugh:.

so - any training so long as 'trialling' was in mind was the best description I could come up with :laugh: