Moron Dog Owners

Remarkabull

Was just on my way home from a walk with the dogs and OH and while waiting to cross the road we saw a dog fight in progress. It was between a SBT

(looked like a badly bred BYB job) and a bull breed mix. A lady walking past us said that it had been going on for 'a while' and both owners were just standing there watching it happen!

I told OH to take our dogs home and I ran down to see if I could help. When I got there the lady with the SBT told me to 'EFF OFF' and the guy with the other dog looked like he wanted to do something but didn't know what. (It turned out he had been riding his bike with wife and kids and had a baby in a carrier with him, that's why he hadn't done too much at that stage). Both dogs had a lead on but he was the only one that actually had hold of his dog.

I decided to put some DOLer advice to use and I grabbed the back legs of the SBT and within 10 seconds he let the other dog go :laugh: .

Just then the SBT owners husband came over and started yelling at the guy with the mauled dog. The bike guy told him that his dog had been on the lead under his control the whole time and that the SBT had gotten away from the lady and although he tried to avoid the dog it approached him and attacked his dog.

The lady with the SBT was a moron and kept telling us to Eff off and both her and her husband kept saying 'but Zac is obedient' and 'I walk him every day'. I just laughed and said obviously the dog is not so obedient and she obviously doesn't have control of the dog. She then tell me that 'you don't have a effing clue' and went to punch me! By this stage my OH had taken our dogs home and come back in the car to get me and see if we need any help and I could see him getting ready to knock this stupid woman out.

The dog that was attacked has severe lacerations to his neck and throat and the skin has actually been separated from the muscle. :laugh: I told the guy to take it to a vet straight away and we exchanged numbers so I could back him up with what happened if this goes any further (as it should, at the very least to cover his vet costs).

I have a DA dog and she would possibly attack a dog if she was approached so I wasn't angry that there was a fight but that the lady was trying to place the blame on the other guy and was reacting so stupidly to the whole thing. If it was me I would be apologising profusely and trying my best to be helpful. The aggressive dog lady is the very reason that bull breeds have the image problems that they do. Poor bloody dog.

so this lady needed a good wack in the snoz by the sounds!

what a dick head dog owner exactly the reason why SBT get a bad wraps. bloody bogans, wish it was them who got bitten then it would be a different story.

How horrific. The dog (and owner) need to be locked away. i'm afraid her pathetic and moronic attitude was a symptom of today's society. Noone is to blame for anything, they immediately attack the other party, even if whatever happened is totally their fault and is it as plain as day to anyone with half a brain.

Yesterday in our car park at work some stupid woman had parked two other cars in for 2 hours. Noone could find the person but when they did she moved her car and proceeded to get into an argument. She hadn't moved her car because noone had asked her to so therefore, they were at fault for not telling her she had double parked. WTF??

I reported some neighbours with a GSD to the council because twice their dog had run out of their yard and after me and my dogs as we were walking down the road (my small dogs were leashed). It turned out to be my fault and I was duly abused by the dog's owners. What did I do to cause the dog to leave it's yard and chase us? Why I was walking 3 dogs on the lead - yes, it was entirely my fault because I had 3 dogs - shock horror, I shouldn't be walking 3 x 4 kilo dogs on the lead at once.

I'm still fuming over the way this woman carried on, but there is some good news. My OH just spoke to the owner of the dog that was attacked and it is at the vet and is being treated.

It will require surgery and the vet has talked the owner into having it desexed at the same time :laugh: (it is an entire male 18 month old bull breed x)

He seems like a nice enough guy, just not too dog savvy. Anyway the husband of the crazy woman has called to check up on the dog and has already given his credit card details to the vet who is treating the injured dog.

I think he has realised that his dog was at fault and is now very apologetic and willing to help (he was trying to get his wife to leave once I separated the dogs but she kept coming back to yell at me some more!)

Vet has said that bill will be over the $1000 mark (not including the desexing) so I'm glad the guy with the offending dog has stepped up to pay for it's treatment.

Not an excuse, but sometimes shock and extreme embarrassment make people do stupid stupid things. She may be mortified by what has happened, but unable to cope with it in an emotionally mature manner. Good to hear her husband is stepping up though.

Hope the doggy victim recovers well and don't suffer any emotional scars himself.

The attack also needs to be reported to the relevant council, many people are unaware of this.

Last year a pitbull (yes it was in case anyone is wondering, the owner stated it) leapt a knee high gate to attack a Jack Russell being walked across the road on a lead. It stopped traffic, the owner appeared but of course no collar, no lead and he managed to stop his dog once only to have it start again. Even though police attended, a week later the council was unaware - I rang to check. People with pitbull quickly moved out of their rented house ....

Not an excuse, but sometimes shock and extreme embarrassment make people do stupid stupid things. She may be mortified by what has happened, but unable to cope with it in an emotionally mature manner. Good to hear her husband is stepping up though.

Hope the doggy victim recovers well and don't suffer any emotional scars himself.

She was pretty worked up and I understand how if feels to be in that situation but they (her and her OH) were the typical 'bogan' type. When he first arrived (she sent the kids to get him) he immediately went up tho the other bloke and started poking him in the chest telling him to 'grab hold of your bloody dog' (he had his dog by the lead the whole time!) meanwhile I was standing there hanging on to his dog by the back legs and the woman was still standing there like an idiot. She kept trying to blame the other guy by telling him he shouldn't be riding a bile with the dog and that it was the way that he let the dogs interact that started it! Her bloody dog was the one that got away from her and approached the other dog!

She kept saying that I 'haven't got a clue about dogs' and didn't know what I was talking about. I then told her I have 5 dogs, have had dogs my entire life and been a vet nurse. She then went off about that saying 'that would be right, vets don't have a clue either, every time my daughter takes her dog to the vet it comes back with whooping cough'. I told her she probably meant kennel cough and maybe her daughter should vaccinate the dog? That's when she went to punch me :laugh:

I must have read this wrong.

So the dogs are fighting and you come over and she tells you to "eff off" while the dogs are still fighting???

You ignore her and grab her dog by the back legs...and thus endeth the fight! You go Girl..good on you.

Some people are not terribly bright and unfortunately they get dumber in a crisis situation.

So the dogs are fighting and you come over and she tells you to "eff off" while the dogs are still fighting???

You ignore her and grab her dog by the back legs...and thus endeth the fight! You go Girl..good on you.

Some people are not terribly bright and unfortunately they get dumber in a crisis situation.

And I can't believe you called her a lady!!! She certainly is not with such a foul mouth and attitude to boot. Sometimes by acting in this manner they think they appear tough, but they're not. Imagine, if she vocalises like that, what her kids will grow into. Poor kids.

And I can't believe you called her a lady!!! She certainly is not with such a foul mouth and attitude to boot. Sometimes by acting in this manner they think they appear tough, but they're not. Imagine, if she vocalises like that, what her kids will grow into. Poor kids.

All I can say is Wow.....you are awesome and very brave

Another sad thing about this sort of incident is that the dog that was attacked may become DA as a result and being a bull breed this is not an ideal thing to happen.

I've purposely tried to avoid any situations where my young male may encounter a DA dog, or be led into a situation where he feel he must attack another dog.

In the BSL section there is a thread on SBT's and this is exactly what they don't need.

How brave of you

I hate seeing dog fights when the owners do nothing to stop it, especially the likes of the idiots with the SBT. I can imagine this poor family are going to go through hell if this goes further, the SBT owners should wear the costs thats an awful injury for a dog.

And I hate the fact morons like that create a bad reputation for dogs.

Good on you for helping a family like that, poor things.

Good on you for helping!

Can I have my own rant?

Last night I was driving back from a dinner and there was a very skinny Rottie running on the road. 5 cars nearly ran over it or had to swerve around it. So i was thinking this dog had escaped and was lost etc. No one else seemed to be helping it, so I stopped my car and tried to catch it. It was extremely fearful, in the end I got it to come over to me by sitting on the ground making pathetic "come here puppy" type sounds. I was able to pat it, but I wouldn't let me get hold of its collar, when i tried it would freak out and run away again. Unfortunately I didn't have any spare treats in my car or on me. Anyway as I went to get the spare lead out of the car, the dog ran down the street into a house. I followed it and there was a NAKED, yes a naked guy standing on the verandah. I asked him if this was his dog and he was like "yeah..." i then told him it had been running on the road and nearly hit by a number of cars. He was like "whatever, mind your own business".

So yeah I felt really angry, the dog is going to get run over soon and it was really skinny and extremely shy and fearful. Some people are such morons grrr :laugh::rofl::mad

Good on you for helping!

Can I have my own rant?

Last night I was driving back from a dinner and there was a very skinny Rottie running on the road. 5 cars nearly ran over it or had to swerve around it. So i was thinking this dog had escaped and was lost etc. No one else seemed to be helping it, so I stopped my car and tried to catch it. It was extremely fearful, in the end I got it to come over to me by sitting on the ground making pathetic "come here puppy" type sounds. I was able to pat it, but I wouldn't let me get hold of its collar, when i tried it would freak out and run away again. Unfortunately I didn't have any spare treats in my car or on me. Anyway as I went to get the spare lead out of the car, the dog ran down the street into a house. I followed it and there was a NAKED, yes a naked guy standing on the verandah. I asked him if this was his dog and he was like "yeah..." i then told him it had been running on the road and nearly hit by a number of cars. He was like "whatever, mind your own business".

So yeah I felt really angry, the dog is going to get run over soon and it was really skinny and extremely shy and fearful. Some people are such morons grrr :laugh::rofl::mad

God that makes me mad and sad hearing this - good on you for doing what you could.

Yes you got it right.

She was pretty mad when I told her she shouldn't have a dog :rofl: . I was so angry at her attitude and I should probably have shut up myself but I hate bullies and that is what she was trying to do to this other guy (the poor mans wife and 3 kids were on the other side of the road watching this go on). I guess acting like that has worked in the past for her and she thought it would work again and she got even angrier when it backfired and I didn't back off in fear.

I still can't believe that no one had stopped to help them before me. There were cars driving past and people walking by just watching it happen. I would have thought that someone would have at least called a ranger or the police :laugh:

There are so many clueless people out there it's scary!

Yes you got it right.

She was pretty mad when I told her she shouldn't have a dog ;) . I was so angry at her attitude and I should probably have shut up myself but I hate bullies and that is what she was trying to do to this other guy (the poor mans wife and 3 kids were on the other side of the road watching this go on). I guess acting like that has worked in the past for her and she thought it would work again and she got even angrier when it backfired and I didn't back off in fear.

I still can't believe that no one had stopped to help them before me. There were cars driving past and people walking by just watching it happen. I would have thought that someone would have at least called a ranger or the police :(

There are so many clueless people out there it's scary!

Geez...you're lucky she didn't end up needing her back legs pulled out from under her!!!