Dry Food

i am after a good quality dry food for

for my rotty

he is a security dog so he needs some thing healthy for him

he is already on a custom barf diet just need some thing fill him up

I get my dry food from Priceless Pets and their have a pretty good one - Natural Balance.

My dogs love it and it is good for Sammi as she has a sensitive stomach and all the others make her throw up.

I get my dry food from Priceless Pets and their have a pretty good one - Natural Balance.

My dogs love it and it is good for Sammi as she has a sensitive stomach and all the others make her throw up.

what sort of dog is sammi??

Is he in your avatar? Good-looking dog.

The dry foods suggested by others are designed to be fed exclusively. They provide a lot of calories (and nutrients) for "something to fill him up". I only have one large dog, but far less muscle than a rotti :) , so can't recommend for your breed.

Does he need to maintain, gain or lose weight?

If you're happy with his weight and condition, I'd leave his diet alone.

IMHO, dry food that stays fresh in a bag for many months must be less nutritious than fresh foods and/ or BARF.

ETA: What's your price range?

Brands like Nutro, Eagle Pack, Royal Canin, Eukanuba are >$90 per 15kg bag. Ziwipeak is even more.

Edited by Poodle wrangler

ETA: What's your price range?

Brands like Nutro, Eagle Pack, Royal Canin, Eukanuba are >$90 per 15kg bag. Ziwipeak is even more.

I only pay $70-80 15KG for my Nutro. Very reasonable price for a Super Premium dry! RRP for Nutro though is around the $95 mark?

Also, You can get Ziwipeak in a 15KG bag? :) Boy it'd take QUITE a while to get through one of those wouldn't it?

-WithEverythingIAm

The super premium brands are more expensive but then you are feeding a lot less than many others, you are paying for quality not quantity, and for far better ingredients.

Ziwipeak is the most expensive at about $117 for 5 kg. This is a much more highly concentrated food than even the super premium kibbles, a little goes a long way, and its ingredients again are far superior.

yeah thats my boy he had a lot of weight on him in that pic it was just befor i got him now ive got him down to musel and a little amount fat so he looks awsom now

the reason i was after a good dry food was so i can strech the barf mix out longer so he has mix and bones 1day and mix and cic frames the next and keep the cycle going

working odd hour makes it hard to keep making a regular mix every week and a half

Not sure where your getting your figures but approximately Nutro, Eagle Pack, Royal Canin start from around $77, Eukanuba $74 for 15kg bags.

Some of the super premium range goes slightly over $90 but most Adult Maintenance are between $70 - $80.

Edited to add; for example a 30kg dog (fed the ration as printed on the bag) would cost $1.55 per day to feed on Eukanuba Large Breed, making a 15kg bag last 58 days.

Edited by Hazz