A Final Letter

tianakaesha

With Us - Three Years. June 2004 to June 27, 2007

To my dearest Ladies

Oh to be young again! How wonderful it is be be to frolic through the meadows. To stop and smell the flowers, and to actually see them again! I have dreamt of it, longed for it, and prayed for it and tonight my wish was granted!

My frail body was failing me – I could no longer see, shivered as winter crept through my bones, and I was cranky with how horribly stiff I was. My legs could barely stretch in the morning and I cursed having to move. Curled up on my woolen blankie, snuggled to Miss Mika and that dreaded cat Monte, I willed the heat towards me.

Winter was a curse! Why could it not be summer all year ‘round? Summer on the farm! What a blessed time it was! How I loved that final trip! Galavanting down the main strip as Miss Mika and Master Apollo showed the way. Chasing cows, pottering in the garden – it was a magical time for me! I am glad I had that final trip. It was wonderful!

My last few years have been wonderful. It was so dreary when Jacq found me, but being the little bugger of a chap that I am – I wagged a tail, winked an eye and was saved. She saw something in me. Then she suckered that family into having me “for a little while”. Well, that Little while lasted a few years! I got a good deal, I reckon. Been a little lucky this old codger has. I got to cuddle up to a young lass every night, and got a mountain of treats! I even learnt how to sit!.

This old dog learnt a few good tricks. Best of all, I learnt about a lot of love.

So my legion of fans. I bid you all adieu from the other side. I have hung up my lead, crossed the bridge and am basking in the sun of my youth. Not a pain in my body, not a cloud in my eye. And with that, I say, Goodnight.

Mr Gilbert

slippedhat.jpg

pirate.jpg

Thank you TKS for making Mr Gilbert's last years happy ones and thank you to Jacq for rescuing him.

I remember when he first came out of the pound and I can't believe it has been over 3 years. From your photos we were able to watch him blossom and I came to love that wonky grin.

Rest easy little fellow :confused:

With Us - Three Years. June 2004 to June 27, 2007

To my dearest Ladies

Oh to be young again! How wonderful it is be be to frolic through the meadows. To stop and smell the flowers, and to actually see them again! I have dreamt of it, longed for it, and prayed for it and tonight my wish was granted!

My frail body was failing me – I could no longer see, shivered as winter crept through my bones, and I was cranky with how horribly stiff I was. My legs could barely stretch in the morning and I cursed having to move. Curled up on my woolen blankie, snuggled to Miss Mika and that dreaded cat Monte, I willed the heat towards me.

Winter was a curse! Why could it not be summer all year ‘round? Summer on the farm! What a blessed time it was! How I loved that final trip! Galavanting down the main strip as Miss Mika and Master Apollo showed the way. Chasing cows, pottering in the garden – it was a magical time for me! I am glad I had that final trip. It was wonderful!

My last few years have been wonderful. It was so dreary when Jacq found me, but being the little bugger of a chap that I am – I wagged a tail, winked an eye and was saved. She saw something in me. Then she suckered that family into having me “for a little while”. Well, that Little while lasted a few years! I got a good deal, I reckon. Been a little lucky this old codger has. I got to cuddle up to a young lass every night, and got a mountain of treats! I even learnt how to sit!.

This old dog learnt a few good tricks. Best of all, I learnt about a lot of love.

So my legion of fans. I bid you all adieu from the other side. I have hung up my lead, crossed the bridge and am basking in the sun of my youth. Not a pain in my body, not a cloud in my eye. And with that, I say, Goodnight.

Mr Gilbert

slippedhat.jpg

pirate.jpg

That is just beautiful.. He had a lovely life with you...

RIP Gilbert

Jodie and Ollie dog

Oh, how sad :D We haven't seen you hear for ages, and now it's under such sad circumstances.

But on a happy note, Gilbert-the-dashing had a heck of a good few years with you :thumbsup: Thank you, from all the dog-lovers here :love: