The Best Toys?

Love my Sonny and Neko

Hi all

just wondering if anyone has come across the perfect toy. Our pup chews through any toys and rips up soft toys yet he won't touch anything too hard or un-chewable - like a Kong. He loves loves loves to play and I am keen to find something to keep him entertained. So far the best things has been a leather gardening/work glove!

Thanks

:thumbsup:

post-17654-1183950262_thumb.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see from the photo that you have a rope... I find these really good. Chopper will still rip them, but he doesn't completely destroy them. You could try a Cuz toy, they're meant to be indestructible, but they're not! Better than average though. Orbee make a product like the Kong, but it's more plyable, so your pup might prefer it.

[Look at that cute face :thumbsup:]

How old is he and is he teething? Could influence his "toy" preference. Leather gloves would be nice and chewy, plus smell like you :thumbsup:.

Kong make a special softer puppy variety- have you tried stuffing it with his favourite food?

I like those ropes, too, only about $4 in Woolies and the dogs love it- chew toy, tug toy, easily replaced.

Brisket bones and chicken necks and also good crunchy foods. Pigs ears?

How old is he and is he teething? Could influence his "toy" preference. Leather gloves would be nice and chewy, plus smell like you :thumbsup:.

Kong make a special softer puppy variety- have you tried stuffing it with his favourite food?

I like those ropes, too, only about $4 in Woolies and the dogs love it- chew toy, tug toy, easily replaced.

Brisket bones and chicken necks and also good crunchy foods. Pigs ears?

He is 8 months old and he has never chewed his puppy kong - despite me filling it with all sorts of treats. I think the rope is the best bet... he does love them. He seems to absolutely love ripping stuff apart. Funny little thing.

Thanks for all the other suggestions guys... will check them out.

:D

I'm still on the hunt for a toy thats in-destructable as my two consume everything!! Most recent - a $50 AussieDog Tug-Thong thatlasted 1 afternoon and my $100 brand new black shoes.

The kongs are still in one piece - as is a blue orca toy. I think my next purchase will be a nylabone.

:laugh:

hehehehehe

I think I might try the tuffie toys at some stage

The flavoured nylabones go ok, but they arent a fav, bags full of op shop toys are fun, but a pain in the butt to clean up! (and OH gets cranky cos I let them do it and he has to clean up!)

THick walled poly pipe is good for destructive dogs that like long things (as opposed to balls).

Cheap paint rollers take awhile to destroy and don't make a big mess. Many pups love them.

And of course, there's sticks.

Judo belts are good for destructive dogs that like to tug.

Daisy loves her staffy ball. She has all three sizes of the enduro ball and loves them to bits! She would play with them 24/7 if I let her. I dont let her have it that often tho because once she has the ball, nothing else matters and she will follow it off of high walls without thinking where she is going to land (my garden is tiered), rip up plants that are in the way of it, bash the fences and ruin the garden whilst getting covered in dirt and loving it. I dont care about the garden, but I havent finished putting up lattice to stop her launching off the walls yet.

They are hard plastic though and you said your dog wont play with things it cant eat. Well these balls definately aren't edible!

My girls also love rope toys and they seem to last a while. Tennis balls last around 30 seconds and they dont like kongs or squeaking plastic toys.

I love the enduro balls though!

Daisy loves her staffy ball. She has all three sizes of the enduro ball and loves them to bits! She would play with them 24/7 if I let her. I dont let her have it that often tho because once she has the ball, nothing else matters and she will follow it off of high walls without thinking where she is going to land (my garden is tiered), rip up plants that are in the way of it, bash the fences and ruin the garden whilst getting covered in dirt and loving it. I dont care about the garden, but I havent finished putting up lattice to stop her launching off the walls yet.

They are hard plastic though and you said your dog wont play with things it cant eat. Well these balls definately aren't edible!

My girls also love rope toys and they seem to last a while. Tennis balls last around 30 seconds and they dont like kongs or squeaking plastic toys.

I love the enduro balls though!

Omg my dog was the same with his Staffy ball!! He would think of -nothing- else and just go nuts about it, he'd bark at it constantly and slobber all over it while trying to bite it! I would always have to take it off him to give him a break (and us from his barking lol). But yeah, the most damage he did to it was put some holes in it, which of course didn't matter cause it's rock solid :rofl:

So hard to find toys for Staffies normally, thank god they are out there though!

-Edit-

My mum told me about something she saw on tv once.. Maybe on Dr Harry or something.. It was about this owner who would giver her Staffy a coconut, with the husk on it and he would just gnaw and gnaw at it all day until he got down to the shell of the coconut. Aparently during the whole show they gave updates on the dog's progress, and right at the end when he got to the shell they were about to wrap up the story when *CRACK* the Staffy took a bite, and cracked the shell open! I think he then got to drink the milk Lol!

Edited by Kowai

I think i got a broken staffy, cayenne wont even kill a tennis ball, even the half size tennis ball from when she was 8 weeks old is fine - only dammage to it was done by our other dog - shih tzu x matl.! :rofl:

Our girl Neko is broken too. The only things that she is interested in playing with is stones...

Good idea re the paint rollers - I would never have thought of that. :rofl:

I got mine a puppy tyre on a rope, they love it. Very durable too :rofl:

What about an empty milk carton? they make a mess I know but it can keep them occupied. Take the top off though (put some treats in there too :eek: )

Mine also love the footy but the boys dont like them having it (obviously) any hints on how to buy the dogs one of these without confusing them that any old footy will do, they can only have their own :rofl:

BTW mine also love soft toyus / teddies, Ellie wants to cuddle them, and hold them all day; Mollie wants to chew them, what the story there :rofl:

Edited by joelle

I think i got a broken staffy, cayenne wont even kill a tennis ball, even the half size tennis ball from when she was 8 weeks old is fine - only dammage to it was done by our other dog - shih tzu x matl.! :rofl:

Our girl Neko is broken too. The only things that she is interested in playing with is stones...

Good idea re the paint rollers - I would never have thought of that. :rofl:

Its ok, Warley has a broken Staffy to (i think it is her? :o )

I got mine a puppy tyre on a rope, they love it. Very durable too :rofl:

What about an empty milk carton? they make a mess I know but it can keep them occupied. Take the top off though (put some treats in there too :rofl: )

Mine also love the footy but the boys dont like them having it (obviously) any hints on how to buy the dogs one of these without confusing them that any old footy will do, they can only have their own :rofl:

BTW mine also love soft toyus / teddies, Ellie wants to cuddle them, and hold them all day; Mollie wants to chew them, what the story there :eek:

Footy - keep the one that you dont want ruined away from the dogs, let the dogs have theirs to chew :o

I have used a coconut, kaos loved it ;)

Anything stuffed dies here, no idea why the like killing it, they just do lol

Footy - keep the one that you dont want ruined away from the dogs, let the dogs have theirs to chew :rofl:

ha ha, sounds easy I know, but I may have to be a detective on this one...you see, the boys LIKE having the dogs there I have discovered, sometimes they laugh at them playing with them, sometines they whinge when the dogs win the ball..................which is 99 %

What they want is the dogs to play with their footy while they are playing with theirs :eek:

Ye I know, TRAIN THE BLOODY KIDS TO BE CONSISTENT :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tell the kids to suck it up - why would you want to play and not have the dog join in? whats the fun in that?? :rofl:

They dont mind Ellie joining in as she is too puppy clumsy to win. :rofl: Mollie is a different kettle of fish altogether, far too good for them :rofl::rofl:

Just sore losers I guess :eek: