Best Whitening Shampoo

Norskgra

One of my friends bitch has been crated while she was in season. She was let out supervised for toilet breaks but she still managed to pee in her crate. Her coat is now stained yellow.

I have tried Animal House Mighty White N Brite and another whitening shampoo I had and although it did decrease the staining she is still not white.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what shampoo to use and how to get her girl white again?

Laser Lites has a new stain remover that is getting a great response from our customers. Personally, I've used Plush Puppy Deep Cleansing Shampoo to get out most stains (leave on for a few moments), followed by PP Herbal Whitening Shampoo to give a bright white.

Sags

I have not seen a shampoo that works as yet. however..........

Champion Tails (Silver highlight) Stain Remover (horse product) powder does work.

OR

Laserlites "No More Stains" powder also works.

You must follow the instructions to the letter or you will end up with a purple dog!

Sunlight followed by Equinade Glo-White, they certainly glow after that. I need sunnies to look at my Pointers, they become reflective :D

Ditto to what Warley said, except I use a bar of Sards wondersoap instead of sunlight.

Ditto to Cowanbree, Warley and Pointers Rule but I use Sunlight followed by Fido's white shampoo. Sunlight soap is great at grass stains etc - an old show horse washing trick to get those white socks glowing.

Please excuse my glaring idiocy but sunlight soap - is it a horse product...? Where would you get it from?

It's good old fashioned laundry soop Pixie.. look for it in that supermarket aisle. Plain yellow bar but I can't recall what the wrapping looks like, I think it's in a yellow and blue cardboard box. A bar seems to last forever. ETA interesting but useless facts about Sunlight:

William Hesketh Lever was the first person to stamp soap with a brand name and wrap it before selling it to the public. The brand was SUNLIGHT soap and the year was 1885. In the late 1880s, Lever Brothers SUNLIGHT soap was first imported to NZ from the UK. In 1899, Lever Brothers began soap production at Balmain in Sydney, followed by the commencement of production in New Zealand in 1919.

It was Unilever's first product. :D

Edited by poodlefan

One of my friends bitch has been crated while she was in season. She was let out supervised for toilet breaks but she still managed to pee in her crate. Her coat is now stained yellow.

I have tried Animal House Mighty White N Brite and another whitening shampoo I had and although it did decrease the staining she is still not white.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what shampoo to use and how to get her girl white again?

Hi, speaking from experience (bichons and other white showdogs) there is really nothing that will remove the stains immediately, but this will help greatly - firstly wash the areas affected with plenty of Sunlight laundry soap (got to be laundry not the other type), then apply the best whitening shampoo E-Z Groom Crystal White Shampoo, available at Petnetwork and Petcetera, do not use purple shampoos as they will leave a tinge to the coat. You can PM me for further instructions on how to best use the shampoo if you wish.

Best of luck to your friend.

I have white dogs & staining is all about maintance & when girls are in season there urine is stronger so you need to do more work.

There are a few things you can use to remove it slowly but be aware over doing it can also dry the coat out .

I will hydrobath in white vinegar.

You can make up a Baking soda paste but this can dry the coat so a good conditioning regime must follow.

The EZ groom worked at first but then turned the coat orange.

Wash the dog in dishwashing detergent but it must be grren

Not sure if this is applicable to dogs, but I can't see why not. With the horses, we used to dilute conditioner with water 50/50, and spay onto white socks etc after a bath to help prevent grass stains. Mind you, it was never on longer than a few days, before the next semi wash. I wonder if you could do this to the belly/ skirt of the bitch ( too late for this time, but maybe next time? ) and then use the sunlight soap/ shampoo etc as per normal?

Thanks again everyone. As always your advice has been very helpful.

My friends dog is a Malamute. Can the Glo awhite be used all over the girl or only on the whites and another shampoo used on the coloured coat?

ETA- When I used to breed and show Old English Sheepdogs, I know I used to use Bluo but I couldn't remember the ratiio. Bluo used to bring them up really white is you made it up properly other wise they were blue. :thumbsup:

Edited by Norskgra