Mindless Brag Page....

Might as well add my mindless brags too.

Bred the 2007 Australian National Retrieving trial champion. Second national win!! Woo ho.

Australian retrieving dog of the year (most points overall), was sired by my older stud dog. Whoo hoooo.

Yo, who went to the US for some schooling which turned into a disaster, is forgetting his ghosts somewhat.

My US import is insane as ever.

All other dogs well, no real health dramas this year.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not usually into bragging.. honest :) But, my 7 month old GSP baby had his first go at Gundog Working Tests on Sunday. He failed the first one due to being distracted by a real bird in the tree :eek: However he made up for it in the second trial by winning Novice!!! His obedience work was far beyond what I expected with his heeling being much better than either of my CDX titled Vizsla boys :eek: Oh, Rogan won both Open GWTs and Flynn got through Open too, with a mighty push and a shove :)

Congratulations to all who have had successes recently and way to go FHR with the pups win.

A sort of brag for me. Bella (Ch BIS Wameika Dentelle ADX JDX CD SPD GD S-NCC O-NAC O-NJC) is hopefully going to have her 2nd and last litter soon. Father is a new import from USA. He has made a great field trial debut at 7 months of age, winning 2nd in Open Puppy at Ringneck Brittany Club and since coming to Australia has won a few class in groups at show so am hoping to get some brilliant working and show pups

Here's my little brag... its not a qualification in a comp or anything, but I still want to share.

Forge is seven months old now and on the weekend just gone, he passed the foundation agility test. We were put on to the course a week after it started by another trainer who thought he would enjoy it, he missed the second week because he had already been booked in to be desexed (we went along without him so we could practice the homework anyway) and he acted like a complete brat when he finally started in the third week with no focus (but he focuses on the other side of the oval in the other class :thumbsup: ) and lunging to play with every dog that was within cooee (he's still learning manners). I didn't think we'd pull it all together by the final week but he was amazing working of leash... I'm so proud. :laugh:

Before we were tested we told the instructors that we would re-enrol in foundation again next year anyway because he is still too young to do proper agility and we'd like to build on his off leash work more - they said they wish more students were like us (that was a brag for me :rolleyes: ).

Well done to those who again braved the heat today(or was that yesterday?!).

The weather bureau was in fine forecast mode, again. 24c and showers- yeah right :laugh:

Mia now has her C.D Title. Open, here we come!

In keeping with the pics of the dog's 'hauls'- here's Mia's

post-1729-1195309309_thumb.jpg

Edited by prodigybxr

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl::( ;) :p ;) :love:

Well done Prodigybxr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You must be on cloud nine!!!!!!!

I was lucky enough to watch her heelwork and other stuff in the ring last time, and I can tell you, all of the people outside watching had a beaming smile on their face!

I'm sure there are a few Open trainers shaking in their boots!

She is a credit to your training Prodigybxr!

Congrats on the High in Trial and your title!!

Oh wow, so many great results for DOLers at the moment YAY!!! :laugh::laugh: Congrates to Ptolomy on Bean's title and to FHR for your great win :rofl: And Lablover and Belijae too :laugh: Helen good luck with the pups must be very exciting time - just in time for xmas will they be? Lovely!

Now, the hugest hugest congrats to Prodigybxr on a really outstanding effort to get that title and HIGH IN TRIAL under really stinking, stinking conditions, especially for a pug. She sat her stays in heat and revolting amount of little flies that were the undoing of many dogs, including mine. She was a real champ. It was so well deserved. And she looks so cute and happy sitting up there with her haul. :rofl:

AND LEO!!!!!!!!!!! YAY, he got his first Open pass too in the afternoon in the same hot, tiring conditions, coming in second to one of the best triallers in the country. YAY LEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Superdog :laugh:

And as for my girl, well we went down in both sit stays but there was no way I was disappointed about this because I GOT A GIRL WHO HEELED!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is time three using my new method with food before the trial and stuff. In the am I got smart and threw the dumbell too far and it hit the fence, otherwise she would have completed all the ringwork with good passes for each exercise. In the PM trial I was just sure it was too much for her and she'd bomb out. She started a bit distracted and blew a sit and a drop and for some reason I thought we'd failed the heeling so I thought 'bugger it' and went all out and instead of dropping away from me as she has all year, I had a girl who came up to me and WORKED! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And she passed all the ringwork! That is what it is all about for me. We can get the stays but that heeling hoodoo has killed me all year.

So... there were some lovely successes at Southern yesterday for a few of us and some others did beautiful workouts in spite of the heat. One person got his OC on the day too which was great :rofl:

YAY

Yay Leo and Tess!!

Cmmmmmmmon Leopuppy04!! Wheres your shameless brag????? For a dog that wasn't ready, it sounds like he did great!! Seems like a great month for us doler's.

I am entered in the double at Portland next weekend, as long as it is not over 25 degrees or i'll scratch and go fishing instead!! His work was a little sloppy today, not a good sign.

I also need to find accommodation still. Silly me, always leaving things till the last minute :confused:

There must be a few going, as all of the dog friendly accomodation is booked within about 30kms!

I called one of the realestate agents and it looks like they may have found a house for us to stay for the weekend.

It will be our last trial of the year if we do not scratch.

Cmmmmmmmon Leopuppy04!! Wheres your shameless brag????? For a dog that wasn't ready, it sounds like he did great!! Seems like a great month for us doler's.

Haha - I don't think it was deserved - as his heeling was sh!thouse :p :confused: - i've been told to cut him some slack though as I don't think he was feeling the best :o..... and it was our first obedience trial for 6mths (and our first open trial). But we also had some...um.... interesting d/b retrieves where he would look around first see what was happening around him before picking up the d/b :) :) :eek: His morning work was similar, but he blew a pass of 184 due to poor laziness in the sit-stays.... judge later told me 'what a bummer... he heels beautifully'.... I told her she should see him when he is actually heeling and not what he gave me today :( :(

The conditions were disgusting yesterday though - it was hot, muggy, glaring sun and as Arya said - the whole country's flies came down to watch!!! I think by the end of the day 1/4 of them were gone as most of the dogs had gotten their protein fix eating all the flies :p

Tess worked beautifully and compared to the dog I saw in May, If I didn't know better - I would say Arya had switched dogs :p. Congrats Arya - you must be so proud of her with the improvement you saw in her - and pat on the back to you for sticking with it :)

Prodigybxr - I didn't see you work in the ring :(..... but i'm looking forward to beating the pants off you in Open ;) :p

Edited by leopuppy04

Great stuff Amanda and Leo! Wonderful to get that first pass out of the way :confused:

Prodigybxr - I didn't see you work in the ring :)..... but i'm looking forward to beating the pants off you in Open :o:eek:

Yeah, but I bet mine lays down in the stays quicker than yours :(:(:)

Congratulations everyone! :confused::( :( :)

I'm gunna have a little brag too because I was very proud of my boy yesterday. We did a agility demo at the Lilydale show and Brock was very well behaved. He was especially good with all the kids that wanted to hug him. Important with all the anti-dog stuff that gets put in the media I think.

:(:(:):):eek::o:(:) :p :p :p :p

Well done Prodigybxr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You must be on cloud nine!!!!!!!

I was lucky enough to watch her heelwork and other stuff in the ring last time, and I can tell you, all of the people outside watching had a beaming smile on their face!

I'm sure there are a few Open trainers shaking in their boots!

She is a credit to your training Prodigybxr!

Congrats on the High in Trial and your title!!

Thanks all.

Sooooo thankful to be able to do a group sit at FOO and the club I joined(Essentially, $70 for group stays, ouch ;) )- it's totally the reason why she stayed up in the sit yesterday. It was so helpful to be able show her what I expected in a trial stay situation. Throwing away 3 nice scores was killing me!

Training on my own, I just can't replicate a proper group stay. I can't at all blame her on the problem we ran into- she would do it only in the ring, and only being able to show her the mistake 1 minute later was useless. And of course in her little mind she must have been thinking "well, I shall make myself comfy, shall I? Nobody tell's me any different!"

ETA: Oh I must also thank Linda Johnson and the gorgeous Giday Standard Poodle crew for meeting with me a few times for Mia's stay prob :confused:

Edited by prodigybxr

Congratulations on the title Prodigybxr

And yes, I can't wait for the pups, luckily they will be born later in January (all going well). The father has more than half of the pedigree filled with working dogs (mainly field champions), a dual champion and plenty of show champions too. Bella has a few titles herself, a dual champion and a CD dog in her pedigree so hope to produce some special pups. The dad to be had his first free run since arriving in Australia today and really enjoyed himself and still came when he was called. They did some training and a field trial with him in US so it has paid off.

Edited by helen

good luck with the preg Helen! Hoping for lots of tallented puppies for you + bella!!!

Lana got her CCD title today with a 96 and 1st place :( she sat on a stand during the heel pattern - but I was soooo happy with everything else - really focused and DIDNT LAG (for once!) :confused: im so happy with her run today!

Bridget