Mindless Brag Page....

I have lots of "mindless" achievements since I have two baby puppies atm.

For the weekend, Logan impressed me by being a REALLY confident water dog. This is a good thing because it makes bathing easier, it's good exercise and it's such fun to take excursions out for swimming!

Jazz retrieved like a pro with her first canine disc training session.

:cry:

Oh and just so Duke doesn't feel left out, he hasn't decided that the new couch in the dogs room is his and has stayed off it! ;)

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is another mindless brag from me I was thinking about on the recall. Tho we've been having trouble in the heeling in trials lately (though things are looking up at last now in CCD), I must say at our last Trial we did something I never would have thought possible twelve months ago. After just failing the heeling (as usual) we got 20 out of 20 in the recall at Moorabbin the other week! WOW! Why don't we think about our achievements more and concentrate on our failures less (well me anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Eighteen months ago my dog would have got up and tore out of the ring wildly, not listening to anyone. But we did get that score in the recall, in CCD. So that is my little mindless brag for this week :cry:

Well done everyone! Let's all concentrate on the good stuff, I say ;)

• 2 weeks later...

:) LP.

Yes Ness did well this past weekend. Given she was rushed to the vets on three legs late Friday evening I wasn't even sure I was going to be able to trial her. She was still sore on Sat morning but thankfully we were on late in the ring and she had recovered and warmed up considerably at that point, not to mention the fact the second anti-inflam had no doubt kicked in.

So we got a 180 and second place in Open A (up against all the really good OC titled dogs). My girl managed to be only one of 2 dogs to complete stays the other dog who won got 190.

Then she backed it up at our trial yesterday with another pass and a 182. She was fifth on count back - actually tied on the same score as the dog who beat her the day before.

She probably put in the best heelwork performance of her life so far yesterday. Its a real buzz to watch it as she was just so good. Maybe a UD performance isn't out of our grasp just yet.

Way to go Ness! So I guess she's telling you she's not ready to reture any time soon. :)

I have a couple of brags - from a few weeks ago. My two BCs got the Tracking Dog titles on the same day - that was a buzz. And a couple of weeks later, my girl Kirra got her Novice Strategic Pairs title - I love pairs - such fun,a lthough I'm sure it'll get harder now.

LP - I didn't know you could travel on trains with dogs? Is that anywhere?

Hmm Tassie yep I think she is telling me she isn't ready to retire as long as her leg holds together. Still have no idea what the problem was and it must have been something serious to cause her to not be able to put weight on it at all.

You can apparently travel in trains in Melbourne with dogs - no where else in Australia from what I understand.

Way to go on your passes with your two furkids. I want to try tracking one day its on the list of things to do eventually :) .

Hey LP just as well they haven't introduced mandatory drug testing into performance dog spots yet - otherwise I think we might have been screwed :rofl: .

ROFL! Ok - I always seem to go :) - but is this drug testing for you Ness or the dog :rofl::) ;)

Have to brag about Xena at agility last week. We did a sequence of six pieces of equipment , complete with 2 big turns and once the idiot handler got his shoulders in the right place (me!) she did the whole lot without batting an eye lid!

ALSO - she managed all 12 weave poles for the first time! She just LOVES to work and is having a ball as soon as she sees the floodlight on at the field she goes nuts.

CK is also going really well and learned to walk along a ladder on the ground (in between the treads) on command and is just about 'there' with his contact plank work!

Love my two puppies, I can't wait to begin competing in all these sports with them!

ok - mindless brag from me...... again! ;) :rofl: :rofl:

I have FINALLY got Leo to understand how to do Change of Positions for OPEN! :rofl::thumbsup::laugh::(

I'm so proud of my boy! The problem I was having was creeping. He would drop fine, but not sit - sit involved 50 steps before plonking his bum down ;)

Last night, the penny dropped!!!! He will drop in foldback, sit up by pushing back up and stand all while staying on the one spot (pretty much!). :rofl: :rofl: ;)

He will do it with just signals, just voice or both together ;) :love:

Mr Leo also gave me some BEAUTIFUL runs at agility last night - we worked on distance which he *doesn't* do and did it without blinking an eyelid, plus we even got some layering in there :p :rofl: :rofl: :eek:

I'm very, very, very proud!

Just don't ask how Kinta is going..... we get a little OTT about the prospect of dry food for a reward :rofl: I know I said I wanted drivey, but I want drivey that has a 'pause' button ;) ;)

Edited by leopuppy04

Hey Leopuppy

This is how I cured creeping for COP's in UDX. :thumbsup:

Place an open container of food a foot in front of the dog and a little to one side. Tell her to leave it and then leave the dog about turn and give your positions - so down and then you can jackpot to the reward or down and sit and then reward. You can then slowly move the food pot to next to the dog and then behind the dog. This actually worked much better than placing the dog behind a barrier. You can also do COP's on an agility table - works well. :laugh:

So can I ask when is your first open trial???????

Yes but our dogs aren't super duck dogs Ptolomy. Hey LP I tried that with Ness as well but I also tried a recall with an open food pot in the middle. Bloody BC was throwing calming signals and avoiding it by going wide. :thumbsup:

ETA. I tried to show off to a friend last night doing COP with an open food container (well just a couple of pieces on the ground) and little devil decided to help herself rather than do the position :laugh: .

Edited by ness

Hey Leopuppy

This is how I cured creeping for COP's in UDX. :thumbsup:

Place an open container of food a foot in front of the dog and a little to one side. Tell her to leave it and then leave the dog about turn and give your positions - so down and then you can jackpot to the reward or down and sit and then reward. You can then slowly move the food pot to next to the dog and then behind the dog. This actually worked much better than placing the dog behind a barrier. You can also do COP's on an agility table - works well. :rofl:

So can I ask when is your first open trial???????

:laugh::rofl: I had to read it a few times to figure out where the food was going, but I get it now :p - i'm just a little thick! That's a really good idea. I've currently been doing the COP with a ball and throwing the ball behind, which has worked really well too :love:... but I like this idea also! The table/ barrier didn't work for us as as soon as it went away, even diminishing it really slowly he would go right back to creeping, hence the ball throwing.

First open trial by the end of the year. Instructors are telling me to get my act together and enter, but I don't feel quite ready yet. His broad is nice, heelwork fine as is everything else, I just want him to be *completely* confident in the OOS sit-stay first.... that's our major down factor :rofl:

I also forgot to mention from a dog that would slowly W A L K out to get the d/b, look at it and NOT pick it up, lately he has been CHARGING out to get the d/g and trying to take it from me too.... he has been so much fun lately! Don't know where all this nutso drive has come from... but I hope it doesn't go anywhere!

ETA - Ness was just showing what NOT to do :( ;) :rofl:

Edited by leopuppy04

Of course LP. Actually she does it way better when the food is large like a raw chicken neck or something or in her jackpot container. She seems to have more problems if I just place a small bit of food on the ground. If you don't have it worked out I can see if I can video one for you :thumbsup: .

Brock retrieved a toy at the weekend! I nearly peed my pants :rofl:

Now THAT would have been a sight to see! Or do you mean... "you almost enjoyed it as much as Pirates of Penzance" :( ;) :love:

Go Brockie! I was watching you a few Sundays ago - he was picking the d/b out of your hand ok :thumbsup::laugh:

Don't mention the BJ to Ptolomy that is a naughty word and to be removed from your vocab if you so much as entertain the idea of doing that at a trial then you are to be banished from this planet- isn't that right (although I don't think it was banish it was she would come over here and confiscate Ness and we are not having that) :thumbsup: .

Edited by ness