How Often Do You Bath Your Dog?

Baby Dragon

Almost never & they sleep in my bed!! I honestly cannot remember the last time they had a fair dinkum bath, it's got to be at least a year ago if not more. Actually I can only remember bathing the boys once & they're about to turn 3 this week. If they roll in somthing stinky then I wash that area but otherwise I leave them alone. I still have a bottle of shampoo I bought over 5 years ago. They dont stink & they have wonderful coats. People often comment on their lovely sleek coats. One of the many joys of a whippet.

Linda

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zac has had 6 baths in nearly 13 years.

We havn't given Kiya a bath yet because she's very clean (though I have washed her feet and face a few times)

And Sooty every 2-3 weeks or more when he needs it, less in summer when he has shoter hair.

They all come on my bed whenever they want but only Kiya sleeps there at night.

About monthly here. Usually before a clip/ tidy up.

Drying a poodle properly afterwards- sun then finish with a blowdryer- makes them smell nicer for longer. Their fur takes a while to get wet, but once it is, takes a while to dry, too.

There are a few threads on dog vs. human shampoo. Showdog says they've been using human shampoo with good results for years, others disagree. I see no difference in my dogs, but don't have any better brands of dog shampoo.

I reckon thorough rinsing and drying makes the greatest difference. JMHO.

every two or so weeks... I normally do one a week so i guess by the time u get back round to the next its been 3 weeks.

In colder weather it would be longer,so on a warm(er) day during winter, its all in one day (gotta make the most of the warm days).

I cant imagine having a dirty dog in the house all the time..ewww

Jorj has had 3 baths in the first month we brought her home in July. Mum insisted she be washed when she came home as she couldn't stand the doggy smell inside the house and then we found the joy of Aloveen Oatmeal shampoo and conditioner so she got another bath haha. The third bath was due to the muddy drowned rat we came home to one day after the little devlin had been playing in the rain :rolleyes:

I haven't washed her since then because hasn't really gotten dirty and when she does it just brushes out. Also you can use the conditioner without washing it out so when she gets brushed (twice weekly) I rub it into her coat and she smells divine.

I also have a dog odour spray for when she is a bit on the pong

Once a fortnight for Blitz he reeks usually after a week or so, so in the bath he goes, Bear gets a wash once or twice a week due to allergies with malaseb med shampoo, I leave it on for half an hr or so, and wash off, now that the weather is warming up he just goes and flops in the sun and then I'll wash it off.