4 Legs Dog Food, Any Comment?

I saw this ads about 4 legs dog food and it said that it uses the real meat and vegie, no preservative, no colouring or artificial flavour.

I'm just wondering, has anyone heard of it or tried it before? Is it as good as it sounds?

You can also check the website at www.4legs.com.au

I have fed it in the past :)

My local Woolies does'nt carry it any more & my local Coles never have :D

I was feeding BARF for one month the next month 4 legs .. but now its back to totally BARF ..

with Natures Gift on stand by .

You could buy some 4 legs and give it a try I found it easy to feed my dogs liked it and they had no side effects running large poops or any thing from eating it.

Like any dog food, you will find pros and cons.

Personally, we like it (well, my dogs do :D ) and will feed it occasionally (not always in stock at Coles but we usually grab a pack when they ahve it).

We are not far from the 4 legs factory outlet and if we had the freezer space, we would definately look into getting a case of it/buying in bulk.

Also makes for excellent training treats IMO.

Oh great, I didn't expect so many of guys have tried it...I couldn't find any reference to this brand in the web...

Yeah I think I'm going to give it a go...and sounds like it taste nice too, my dog..she is a very fussy girl...:D

Thanks guys !

I use it as training treats but it does leave little bits in your pocket :D

They have a new variety out turkey and gravy - which I made the mistake of freezing and then trying to break bits off to put in jackpot containers and it doesn't break like the other varieties.

We get it from Coles and its usually about $4.99 a packet.

My local coles stock it, but they seem to sell it pretty quickly, especially when it's on special.

Riley gets a packet once every two weeks. A packet normally lasts him 2-3 meals. I also mix a egg up with it and he loves it.

If they put it on special he gets it more often.

Edited by wagsalot

Mine get it occasionally (they love it, but then they would eat dirt if you put in a bowl and told them it was food! :) ) but I agree it is expensive. I only buy it when they have some marked down ones (last ones I bought were $2.49!! :rolleyes: ).

Edited by New Age Outlaw

My chi's get it on the odd occasion and absolutely love it!!! If i was buying food for just them i wouldnt mind the price but they get what i buy Roxy with the occasion as mentioned before. Most of the supermarkets in Preth stock it from what i have seen.

Onsy, Tilly and Flash are here whinging that they should get a packet of 4 paws each like the other DOL dogs! They love it but I make a packet last for two dinners between the three of them - not enough they say! They do have their biscuits with it as well.

Guest Robatife BCs

My Safeway stocks it for $4.99

I had a look on their website and it says "REAL Chicken, Lamb, Beef etc". I know that Pal and Purina also say "REAL Chicken, Lamb, Beef etc" and they really dont use a good quality meat!

Does anyone know exactly what "meat" goes into FourLegs? It does look yummy though.

As the dog doesnt have the same troubles those who serve the other brands you listed, i am assuming its actually a decent quality meat, lol.

I might be wrong though, but as long as her tummy doesnt get upset by it, and it helps her wolf down her dry food, i will continue to use it as a mixer :)

We are not far from the 4 legs factory outlet and if we had the freezer space, we would definately look into getting a case of it/buying in bulk.

Also makes for excellent training treats IMO.

Can you advise where the factory outlet is?

Also is this suitable as part of a raw diet, or is it cooked?

I've just got my first 4 legs packet...god, my girl emptied her bowl so fast!

I'm so happy for the fact that she loves it, she is very fussy...

Same concern here with Robatife, does anyone know about the quality of this food? You know, people always say bad stuff about the pet food in supermarket...

Has anyone tried to smell the food before? Hahah...but it does smell nice and smell real ! You can even smell the shredded coconut! (I bought the chicken, pasta and vegie)....

Last question: can we microwave the food? Since, it has to be stored in the freeze or fridge...

Thanks guys...

i just got a packet today for ted. i got the new turkey, thyme and gravy one to try something new. ted loves the other ones and i let him lick out the tray after i put in in meal sized bags to freeze and he LOVED it ;) he was pushing the tray around the kitchen trying to get every last bit out!!

the ingredients listed for this flavour are: Chicken, chicken stock, durum flour, turkey, starch, thyme, liver, carrageenan, salt, vitamins and minerals, food acids, flavour, guar gum, sunflower oil, natural clour, xanthan gum.

i feed it to ted occasianally usually when we are at training. ot doubles as his tea and keeps his focus really well because he loves it so much and its something different.