Poll Regarding Kibble.

disorder

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Innova is stocked by Pets paradise. They also sell it in their discount shops, umm Pets Direct I think it is called. Good food but lots of people don't use it because of where it is sold.

I use Eagle Pack Holistic or Pro Plan Sensitive. Would try nutro but like to buy at shops and none near sell it.

I feed my Afghan Hound Eukanuba Large Breed Dry. He loves it and his coat looks great.

Where I work I'm in charge of 60 greyhounds (not racing dogs). Over the years they've been fed a range of kibble from Bonnie working, then Supercoat Energy, then Advacne Energy and now Eukanuba Premuim. They've now been of the Euk for about 8mths and I've never seen them look so good. Their coats, skin and weights are all fantastic.

Even the couple who are harder to keep a few extra kg's on.

That's what made me swich to Eukanuba with my own dog.

We've also found the stoll volume is so much lower too. :laugh:

Eagle Pack power formula for Elvis the skinny boy. And the others have Purina One natural at the moment, not sure what i will get them next (this bag is nearly empty). They do get mainly RAW though so i dont go through a huge amount of dry food.

We have finally found the little pom that we've been looking for. We'll get to meet him in about two weeks and then he'll come home with us about 2 maybe three weeks after that - big wait. Mean while we've been spending up and getting 3 beds - just in case he likes this sort better than that sort - I know more money than brains.

Anyway, just like the dilemma when we were looking for the best food for a fur kid cats, we are now thinking about the food for our new fur pup. Of course at first we will keep him on exactly what the breeder has him on, and who knows might even keep him on that or follow her suggestions. Though like many have said before, what's recommended as the best today, will probably be the worst tomorrow - who knows! For the record I went straight for RC and Eagle Pack only to find that I couldn't get either. I was a tad disappointed when the sales girl informed me that no one ever even asked for either of those products. She said she'd put in an order for RC for us - we'd need to order several bags but and she'd never heard of Eagle Pack, but at this stage (since I've never had either brand for a dog, but have for my cats) I was just wanting to have real good read of the ingredients label.

Well does anyone have any good suggestions for a well balanced diet for a pomeranian? Should we use a mix of raw and kibble, is there anything better? Should he have raw wings or chicken necks? How often? And, would someone explain holistic to me?

Thanks

heidi

Shadowmum, you can order EaglePack Holistic online, noy sure where you are, but for example, www.pookinuk.com.au sells it, lots of places online do - also places that carry higher end food and products will not only stock it, but also know about it - here, have a look at their website, you can read the ingredients there: http://www.eaglepack.com.au/ they also tell you where you can get it.

Holistic means taht all the ingredients hae a provenance that can be accounted for and that the supplier knows exactly what goes into their food, for example, they know what specific chicken, where specifically the vegetables were grown, etc... also means there are no chemicals or unnecessary ingredients -

With RC you can't ever be sure where the ingredients are coming from, plus they have a lot of chemicals and preservatives I would not be happy feeding my puppy...

OH, and EP also make cat food, if you're interested in that

We started our Bordeauxs on Nutrience, but couldn't find a regular supply at the time, so switched to Iams. Our fussy girl gor bored with it so then switched to Pro Plan Large Breed Puppy. That was fine untill they got to about 8mths and the kibble was too small so there was no chewing going on and ALOT of coughing as well as the occasional piece up the nose!

Then we switched over to RC Giant Junior as the kibble as MUCH bigger and they love it. After talking to alot of people, we're now feeding a mix of RC Giant Junior and Bonnie Working Dog for the next few months till they hit around 18mths, then we'll look at finding the best adult food for them.

We're currently on hills large breed puppy but are looking to change - I was looking at Eagle pack holistic & innova but can't find any info on who stocks Innova?

Before we started on Eagle pack holistic I was tossing up between EP and California Natural but then realized that the only suppliers of California natural (and Innova) were PP stores and I wouldnt spend one cent in those places so EP holistic it is and the dogs love it and are doing well on it.

Edited by bosko