Unwell Rotties

oonga

Gee it's hard to type with those things running down your face after reading that beautiful letter. BP I hope you are doing okay, it takes time and remember a bond that strong can never be broken. :clap:

cavNrott Pearl has her MRI next Tuesday the 19th so at least then we will know what we are dealing with. For the moment we aren't thinking too much about it just enjoyng each day with my girl, this just feels still too raw after only losing Mr Max not even 3 years ago, I am having weird dreams at night guess it is playing on mind a bit but the days are ours to enjoy the sunshine and smiles.

I am sending extra special healing wishes for Sophie and I agree if you feel the lump is looking strange please go back early and get the Oncologist to look at it. Sending Sophie lots of hugs and kisses :love::)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cavNrott... I hope that its nothing too bad with Sophie give her a big hug and kiss from me

wolfgirl.. I hope that Pearl is going to be ok, give her a big hug and kiss from me too

I think about these sick puppies everyday they are never too far from my thoughts and i send them love and courage to help them get through another day...

ZnQ... My love and hugs to the Zed man

We are going ok here, Diesel is pretty sooky and is not really too playfull at the moment...

Kiesha came home today and the house feels a bit different like its a family again...

cavnrott I certainly hope that you can get Sophie's gum tumour back under control.

I was hoping that the change in appearance was a good sign, a sign that it was regressing.

However, the inflamed gum is not a good sign, so I agree an early visit to the oncologist may be in order.

I am hoping that other than the inflammation that she is well in herself, and that she is enjoying her activities.

Zed_n_Q my thoughts and prayers are with you and Zed. I certainly hope that he stabilises very soon.

Wolfgirl I hope that Pearl gets the all clear from her MRI next week.

BP I am glad to hear that Kiesha came home today and that the family is complete again. I have my two favourite photos of Sam next to his urn on our dresser in our bedroom.

Diesel will be back to his usual self very soon once a new routine is worked out.

Our dogs are so incredibly brave and resilient. So much so that it is sometimes very hard to believe that we can continue to be strong for them, until they look at us and give us one of their sloppy kisses, then we know we can continue on as long as they can.

Take great care brave ones, and when you stumble, reach out as there are many shoulders on which you can lean.

cavNrott,

I hope that Sophie's mouth looks better today!! Give her a big hug :rolleyes:

Bluepoppy,

Welcome home to Kiesha, in time for her 1st week anniversary.

Bet her whole face is covered in soil from all the digging she has been doing at the rainbow bridge :rofl:

Wolfgirl,

good to hear the alternative therapies are helping Pearl, i hope she continues to improve,

gosh the MRI seems such a long way away, but i hope it brings some good news with it!!!!!

ZnQ,

as you know my son in law Zman is always in my thoughts and prayers.

I still selfishly wish he and Maia could have had a final mad psycho dog romp together :rofl:

i am sending him special hugs and positive vibes and hope that he is at the least happy. :rofl:

to all the other sick puppies big hugs and hope you all have a great day!!!

ZnQ

How is Zed doing, he is in my thoughts constantly sending him lots of positive vibes

cavNrott

I hope Sophie's mouth is looking a bit better. Sending lots healing thoughts her way.

Bluepoppy

I am glad to hear that Kiesha has returned home, it makes it feel more complete once they are back with you. Poor Diesel it is hard for them when their friend goes away.

Sending lots of :thumbsup: :rolleyes: :rofl::o for all the sick dogs.

Pearl is doing okay, playing a little more again but she has become very clingy to me, I had to go out last night and she wrapped herself around my legs like a small child would do to their mum, she was very glad to see me when I got home. She still tires quite easy but she has some spirit back and it is so joyful to see that returning.

Thanks for thinking of us Kristie.

Sophie's gum tumour is growing again. I had the idea of remission in my mind when it hadn't grown in that 3 weeks but it seems it's not to be. I was advised not to expect remission, just a slowing down of the progression of the disease. I guess we've already accomplished that. I have to learn to live one day at a time the way Sophie does. It's easier said than done.

She is still happy and pain free, that's the main thing. I took her for a walk today and I haven't done any training with her since she was diagnosed. She was pulling in her haste to get out and we had a few false starts to her walk. I guess I'll have to pull her back into line.

I find it difficult to give her commands now. She probably doesn't have much longer and I just want her to be happy and enjoy the time she has left.

Thinking of Pearl and Zed.

cavNrott,

Have you taken Sophie back to the oncologist with the changes in her tumour?

what do they say?

Sorry i know it is not funny but i have to admit to you that i had a good little chuckle at Sophie pulling :thumbsup:

See she is showing she still has an inner puppy :rofl:

I totally see how it would be difficult to be tough on her.

Sounds to me though like she came back into line very quickly,

so you must be doing the right thing!!

I am pleased to read that she is happy like you said that is the main thing!!!!

How are the other puppies coping?

If i remember correctly Dana was probably the most affected and was trying to do her bit to look after Sophie?

or am i getting confused?

How is Sophie going with her eating?

Give all the puppies a hug from me and an extra tight one for Sophie!

Take care of yourself!!!

oonga

Wolfgirl,

Great to hear that Pearl is making some improvement!!!

I am not sure what alternative therapies you are using but am pleased to hear they are helping Pearl!

wrapping herself around you had me laughing out loud, i find it so hysterical when children do that :thumbsup:

you gotta admit as a bystander that behaviour is pretty cute and funny :(

Give her a hug from me :rofl: