2008 Brags Thread

ness

Kinta had her first Obedience trial today, and we almost considered staying in bed due to the inclement weather!!! The rain was not kind and wouldn't stay away (except when we were out of the ring!)

I am pleased to announce that she gained her first pass in CCD - with a lovely score of 92, particularly considering the conditions :D :( .

Congrats! :) From those clips you've shown of her, I'm not surprised though :):)

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinta had her first Obedience trial today, and we almost considered staying in bed due to the inclement weather!!! The rain was not kind and wouldn't stay away (except when we were out of the ring!)

I am pleased to announce that she gained her first pass in CCD - with a lovely score of 92, particularly considering the conditions :D :( .

Congrats! :) From those clips you've shown of her, I'm not surprised though :):)

LOL - compared to those clips she was sh!thouse.... but I excused that to the rain, first trial nerves (me) and also the lack of training she's been having :).

We had a lovely Berner in our ring in the AM and in the PM I think he scored 98! Definitely one to watch out for... beautiful worker!

Bummer Kallistar! I thought the rain kept you away. Hope you feel better soon ;).

Hi all.

Congrats to Kinta and Leopuppy on a pass, well done!

BTW Leo, its Luckydog not Goldieboy, but hey I might change my nickname now!

Suzie (my Golden) has been going through a real anxiety patch which culminated with her choosing to spend time with the judge rather than me during the heeling at the Morning session at Berwick, and while she was still quite uncertain about whether heeling was something she wanted to be doing in the afternoon session, we managed to scrape through with a pass of 170 (phew).

Its been a downhill run, 193 at Ballarat, then 184 at the Vizila trial and now 170 at Berwick, but a pass is a pass!

And now she her Novice Title (CD)! :)

Now she gets some downtime to learn to relax and enjoy herself again. I am reading 'Control Unleashed' and I plan to use the strategies there to try and get her tail wagging when heeling.

But the highlight???? Getting first prize and seventh prize in the raffle: one of these big feature water fountains plus a bag of dog food and a basketball.

Edited by luckydog

Leo I saw Kinta and you yesterday. I was in the same class but in a different ring. Your young lady did very well given the conditions which were awful. A lot of dogs weren't at all happy with doing sits and drops in the mud. :thumbsup: Can't say I blame them really.

Well done not only is Miss Kinta clever, she's a really beautiful girl too.

Leo I saw Kinta and you yesterday. I was in the same class but in a different ring. Your young lady did very well given the conditions which were awful. A lot of dogs weren't at all happy with doing sits and drops in the mud. :thumbsup: Can't say I blame them really.

Well done not only is Miss Kinta clever, she's a really beautiful girl too.

Thanks Natsu chan. I didn't think she worked as well as she usually does - but what can you do considering the conditions and first trial jitters (for me and her!! LOL!).

How did you go?!?! Which ring were you in?

My apologies LD for getting your name wrong :laugh:... but huge congrats again!!! And I agree - CU is an awesome book :rock:

Edited by leopuppy04

:laugh: :D :thumbsup::rock::)

The Fanatic Flyballers won division one at the Million Paws flyball comp in Brisbane yesterday. Narrowly beat Awesome Pawsome in a count back on the most wins on the day.

All the dogs ran brilliantly all day over either 13 or 14 inches (big hurdles).

In his second comp Mr CK managed a 5.1 second run over 13 inches - his previous best was the same time over 9 inches so a BIG improvement there. Xena running over 14 inches ran all day between 5.3 and 5.6 seconds. Her previous best was 5.8 seconds!! All our starts were fantastic too. We had heaps of .0xx starts with Xena's being the best at .002 seconds!!

The team made 3 mistakes all day (doggy mistakes, handlers made a few more :rofl: ). CK made one of them when he missed the ball and knocked it wide, and he came back over the last 3 hurdles instead of all 4 - pretty good for a young dog, but still outiside the rules.

We just had 1 freak out moment when a dog from the other team ran over towards CK who stopped, though better of it and kept going. My heart was in my mouth - I know Xena would just drop the ball and come straight back to me if the dog got too close, but I'm not sure what CK would do so I'm very proud of him for keeping his mind on the job.

I think everyone had a great day and we had heaps of comments and enquiries from the public about getting involved

We ended up retiring. My girl has an old back injury and we had another dog jump on her a few minutes before we went into the ring, of course by then she was quite lame so we retired. We just don't have much luck I'm afraid. There's always something which is why we're still in CCD. Oh well. These things happen and Koo enjoyed her day out. We were in CCD ring three, I spied Kinta and watched before we left. Very nice and I think the 92 was well earned.

Young Poppy had her first run through in a ring today. I was very pleased with her. No gawking around etc. She had already done her obedience class prior so I was also impressed with how she wants to keep working. Now mum has to work on her own feet :laugh:

Quick ET brag for us..

Yesterday, at the Vizsla club Endurance trial, Mia the Pug made some history for her breed, and passed with flying colours :laugh:

And I am never going near another bike again :laugh:

Mia is now Hogarth Hail Mary C.D E.T(the ET bit, being rather apt :laugh: )

Young Poppy had her first run through in a ring today. I was very pleased with her. No gawking around etc. She had already done her obedience class prior so I was also impressed with how she wants to keep working. Now mum has to work on her own feet :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: Always the way :(

She's looking good :laugh:

Quick ET brag for us..

Yesterday, at the Vizsla club Endurance trial, Mia the Pug made some history for her breed, and passed with flying colours :(

And I am never going near another bike again :D

Mia is now Hogarth Hail Mary C.D E.T(the ET bit, being rather apt :) )

A pug doing endurance??? That would be history. Go Mia go. :laugh: :laugh: :(:love:

All of you braggers are doing a fantastic job. :laugh: :laugh:

Just a small brag. We had our club graduation trial yesterday and I had my kids in the agility competition. It's two rounds of the same course. I think SCT would have been about 31secs - Denny did well with one round of 1 flt 28sec and round two 0 flts 29secs! Kira was her feral self in round one, 9flts 32 secs but in the second round she flew with a time of 16sec!!!!

I also did an open obedience with Kiz and she only lost a combined total of 5points for all exercises except for the heeling. Now all I have to do is re-train her heeling and she'll be on fire!

Guest Clover

Well done Silvawillow :laugh:.

I just spent 10 or so minutes training with Harri outside, and had him going through the tunnel from both sides (he is always on my left so he did well to go in on my right). And i also did some jumping work, again focussing on sending him from my right. He did great, i cannot wait to sign him up for proper classes. He is going to be a fast little bugger as well, which means i need to get fit :o.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all

Brags from the Casterton Kelpie Muster this weekend - Minty won the hill climb! :laugh: She was fastest in the heats and got done on time in the final, however she was the only dog to go through the gates which gets a 5 second deduction from your time, leaving her with a time of 28 seconds and the win!

This makes up for last year when she was the fastest on the day but handler error down the bottom of the hill let us down.

I did tell her that she was getting old and slow as she was 4 seconds behind the record she set two years ago.

So that's another Casterton trip paid for, yippee.

Cash also did really well, handled the crowds like a pro and posed for photos like the prima donna that he is :laugh: We competed in Kelpie Idol but he got a bit of stage fright (fair enough, don't get crowds like that in training much). However, considering last year I wouldn't have even considered walking him down the main street due to his aggression, I think he did brilliantly. He has come a long way and I was very proud of him.

I have a small brag for my special boy Cole. Yesterday and today we competed in a shortcourse sheepdog trial. Both days we managed the bridge with relative easily and today for the first time in a competition we managed to pen in a free standing pen :laugh: .

Next month we are going to attempt our first 3 sheep trial :eek: