2008 Brags Thread

ness

:)

Well done guys!

Xena completed her AAD title on Saturday night with a clear run in the starters agility and then followed it up with a blistering run in the starters jumping for her last starters event. :D (We got eliminated in Elementary for a wrong course ;) my bad.) She also ran really well in her intermediate course with just two faults - one hers and one mine, then went SOOOO close to getting her gamble, but missed the weave pole entry - given we haven't done weavers at distance I'm not too sad about that.

Then yesterday we ran flyball all day and neither of the puppies made a mistake in 12 races between them. We played with CK's starting point and took him back to 53' instead of 36' or 37' and picked up .5 of a second because he is now going incredibly quickly when he hits the start line instead of not quite being up to speed. At the end of the day when most dogs are slowing down CK went within a whisker of his PB over 9 inch hurdles in one race and would have run a 4.4 second pass over 14" hurdles if I hadn't gone to sleep and botched his start by almost a full second - d'oh!! (he's never run under 5 seconds over the high hurdles before!)

This morning I have two very tired puppies who still walked like crazy dogs, but really didn't want to be kicked out of the house when we went to work - they wre just too comfortable on their beds. LOL

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go TAssie. Will hopefully be able to watch Kirra in action at the nationals as I finally entered at the last minute

Cool, Helen! It's going to be fun catching up with everyone. Are you doing Hastings as well?

Reddii - sounds like you had a really successful weekend - and Seita. Lots of clever doggies - and handlers of course.

I haven't entered Hastings. The nationals is going to be my first trial for a year so I could be a complete disaster LOL - am putting my knee to the test after a injury

Ack! Make sure you have it well strapped. Sounds like the grounds are not going to be ideal. See you there.

• 2 weeks later...

hi all all with lots of second thoughts about not being good enough !!!! which we are not as she is a lagger ANYWAY we entered the state and national --state was a wipe-out the day wasn't worth mentioning .More second thoughts about national but was told it's only a trial just remember that --and I got a pass 183/200 her first !!!!!! yeah

my other one was sitting on a pass back broke her down stay almost there

I was over the moon Cheers Glorybea

Guest Clover

Great work everyone :rofl:.

Harri is doing full runs at Flyball now with not many problems, he was going to do warm ups at the last comp (last weekend) but because of the bad weather we had to cancel again :rofl:. Having major Flyball comp withdrawels here.

• 2 weeks later...
Brock and I passed our weaving module tonight! I am pretty pleased as when we started weaving he was flopping on the ground and sooking big time. I had moments when I thought he just wasn't going to play! So very happy.

:laugh:

Great work. It's so frustrating isn't it - at the moment CK isn't getting fed until he does 6 weavers 4 times. We've gone from 'you want me to do what?' to racing over and doing the entry and maybe one on his own. Very jealous of you and Brock!

I have nothing as cool as passes in trials to brag about - but I just wanted to say Reddii I love your avatar!

My little brag.. Jedi is on a graduating spree! Since we started obedience training at the local club (about 3 months ago), Jedi has graduated each week to the next level! The dogs must be able to do each of the commands before they can move up to the next class. At this rate he will be in the advanced classes before he turns 6 months!!

No doubt he'll hit a wall soon, but for now I am one proud mamma!

I have nothing as cool as passes in trials to brag about - but I just wanted to say Reddii I love your avatar!

My little brag.. Jedi is on a graduating spree! Since we started obedience training at the local club (about 3 months ago), Jedi has graduated each week to the next level! The dogs must be able to do each of the commands before they can move up to the next class. At this rate he will be in the advanced classes before he turns 6 months!!

No doubt he'll hit a wall soon, but for now I am one proud mamma!

Well done TN and Jedi.

Thanks for the comment on the avatar. That's my little girl Xena. She's a tiny BC with HEAPS of drive. She'll catch a disc like that all day and land squarely on all 4's. (Not sure if she caught the one in the pic, but it was such a cool shot I had to get it from the photographer - Rod Scott).

I just wanted add another brag with Bindii I went to Moorabbin and got another pass in open 192 won the ring .

the other dog got 2nd N/Q so I had a dreat father's day .

It was a double but won't try Bindii in one again she was too tired and me popping across in 1 rings didn't help . How did others go ?? Glorybea

I have to brag about both my puppies running PB's at our flyball comp on the weekend.

Xena ran 4.9, breaking 5 seconds for the first time! :laugh: and was still running 5.0 seconds after 12 races with at least 3 heats in every one, but more often 4 or 5. To top that off she ran for 4 different handlers on the day - (OH usually runs her when I am running CK, but she was on the timing table for most of the day - I've already had 2 offers for her. LOL!!) At only just over 2 y.o. She's such a good girl and so fit - at the end of the night she was one of a very few dogs still wanting to do more!

CK ran a few 4.8 second runs to just edge out his previous best PB. He went well all day as well, running 4.8 seconds in the second last race of the day. He did have a bit of a brain explosion though - for some reason he decided to start running around the last hurdle on the way back. Sometimes it's hard to remember that he isn't 2 yet, we have some pretty high expectations of him. At least we have 6 weeks or so to fix him up and get his confidence back before our next comp. At one point he did 10 heats in one race - start dog and idiot handler (me) must have broken the start by .00x 4 or 5 times! :cheer: Still at the end of it he was running 5.0 over the full 14 inches!

All in all a great weekend and the team won div 1, albeit against a slightly weaker field than usual. Then again we did lose one of our quickest dogs on Friday and had to run 5 dogs in 12 races so it probably all worked out.

Have a good week everyone.