2008 Brags Thread

ness

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Travelled to Sunbury for their double Agility trial with Denny needing 2 passes to gain his JD title and he can now (very proudly by his Mum) be known as Sarasota Phantom Menace JD :rolleyes:

Aussie's Rule!

Go Miss Kinta!

The afternoon trial was a dream... she worked the best ever in a trial situation and was sitting on 97/100. I only lost her on one RAT in fast pace....

10 seconds to go in the sit stay.... and that was enough for her :(:):

Sigh.... soooo close!

Well now you'll just have to travel up to Wangaratta for our double obedience & agility trial to finish off her title ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:

Guest Clover

Well done everyone :).

Harri and I had our first proper Agility class today, he did great but i suck as a handler :laugh:. But i am sure with some work i will get used to it. I think i am hooked already, we are going to Bunnings this afternoon to check out PVC piping to make some weave poles.. more for me to practice foot work.

Travelled to Sunbury for their double Agility trial with Denny needing 2 passes to gain his JD title and he can now (very proudly by his Mum) be known as Sarasota Phantom Menace JD :)

Aussie's Rule!

Go Miss Kinta!

Woot woot! Go Dennis the menace!

I still think the sit stay is a dumb exercise (especially when you are sitting on 97/100 or 199/200) :laugh:

Our brag from today is Sexy Lexi won novice agility and this was her title. :eek: She also came second in strategic pairs - but what was special is that Lexi's partner is a 500 height dog and Lexi jumps 400 and is only knee high to a grasshopper - she also had no bars down Yee Har.

Not to be outdone Beans and her toller partner Jaffa got a pass in excellent strategic pairs

AND

To top it all off the toller boys Alex and Scoota showed all the BC's how to do it and won Masters Strategic Pairs. :laugh: Have to laugh as Alex is feral and Scoota is semi retired - but they didn't put a foot wrong. YEE HAR!

WTG Ptolomy - what a busy weekend!

I am so proud of Mr Leo - we had a run through yesterday at obedience (just open) and he did an excellent round. I think he was so excited I was playing with him rather than that pesky black dog he has to put up with :D I hope he works like that at the nationals!!!

And as typical luck would have it.... guess who held her group stays yesterday without even batting an eyelid :laugh:

Yesterday we were at the TCV's tracking trial in Broadford.

Kira successfully passed her Test 1 with a grading of Very Good!

Narmi successfully passed her TQT!

Both girls tracked myself and both were handled beautifully by Lynn :eek:

Ella and I did our very first Open trial today and got our first qualify!!! We scored 176 and got 3rd place in the end... not her best work - she decided that sit was optional and missed a number of them and decided that behind me was good enough for the finish after the recall - she sat and looked up at me and everything only behind me not beside me!!! :eek: I'm pretty happy with the day as I haven't done anywhere near enough prep for this and we were trialling on the grounds that most showies use to toilet their dogs at the CCCQ's grounds. I'm really thrilled as this is my first open qualify ever, I've had 2 dogs at this level before and another dog that never quite made it out of novice but this is the first time I've qualified in Open!!! :cry: :D :) I'll load a link to the video later on.

ETA:

- video of trial for those who are interested! :love: Edited by Seita

WTG Sieta - you two a burning up the obedience rings you'll be finished before you know it :eek:! What an awesome dog Ella must be :cry:

Well done SW and your two girls! Does Track 1 give Kiz her TD or does she need another track before that?!?!

Well done SW and your two girls! Does Track 1 give Kiz her TD or does she need another track before that?!?!

She needs to pass her Test 2 to gain her TD, so not yet :cry:

She's off to a good start though. She found both articles and no hesitation or mucking about on the corners! Wasn't even interested in the sheep that were in the paddock, phew!

Thought I'd brag about our weekend with our Sheppies

Loco - 192 points, first place Novice and his C.D title

Ky - 193 points, first place Open (this was her first Open trial)

and

Loco and Spirit bothe passed their H.T on the same weekend.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

What a week!!! After 3 weeks in quarantine there are so many things to brag about like a gloating Daddy.......

Saturday - Flyball, the team got beaten, but all the dogs ran perfectly all day, just not fast enough. CK ran a PB of 4.8 secs, Xena ran a PB of 5.0 secs and our worst start (if you discount the 1.1 seconds when I went to sleep) was .109 seconds with a best of .001 secs!! woo hoo. The best bit though was that we ran the two dogs in the team together for the first time. OH did brilliantly with Xena and Xena did brilliantly with OH - good news!

Sunday - Frisbee competition - Xena won and got her first leg towards her FDE title with 15.5 points in her second round. CK came third with his usual workman like performance.

Last night - CK ran REALLY well (for him) at agility completing a course with no faults (including the weavers) and sticking every one of his contacts when we were practising. The best bit though was when another dog ran over to me while he was on a start line stay and he didn't move a muscle, except for that BC neck stretch when they really want to move. This is pretty good for an overly friendly/somewhat reactive puppy!! Let's just hope he can do it again on the weekend in his second trial!

Ella finished off her CDX title today, she got her 2nd pass last night with 188 and 1st place and then finished it today with 193, 1st place and highest score in trial!! :):rofl: I'm a pretty happy owner today! Time to get started on some of that UD work now!!

Well Ness managed pass number 5 towards her ADM today - only 2 more legs to get :rolleyes: .

Way to go ness and Ness. That's great.

Kirra and I had a good trial yesterday too - some runs that felt really nice, and were way quick - though the odd missed contact, pulled bar and/or brief brain fade by the mother meant NQ or DQ. Right at the end of the day though, we finally got it together for Qs in Masters Agility ( only #2), and Open Agility #4 - 1 to go. We finished JDO2 the other week, so maybe we're finally getting things together.