Any Good Home Available?

Tiger_bluez

Hi

I am a bit worry to ask for help here but i am a bit desperate and run out of solution.

I have to go back to my country to check on my family regarding some problems in the family. My only issue is leaving my baby Zoya who is 7 months old.

My housemate has offered to look after her, but again she hardly look after her dog or perhaps different parenting style with me. She still likes go party, going out and come home very late. Maybe because she assuming that I will look after her 8 years dog no matter how, cause she know i love animals.

I feed my puppy 2x a day + some snack time. I give her bones regulary as well. She is a very well behaved puppy ever, I swear. Everytime i come home, I just need to take her out for toilet time and then she will happily sit next to me, sleeping or playing with her teddy.

I can't imagine putting her in a kennel. I think it will give her so much stress. I am wondering if someone who is willing to look after her in home while i am away and i am happy to pay for reasonable cost. I am away for more than a month.

regards

n.b: btw my puppy is a cross beautiful german shepherd and gorgeous husky

Oops just read your away for more then a month...do you have an exact date you'll be back?

Does Zoya have problems with other dogs

digging?

barking?

escaping from a backyard?

Edited by Zelahi

Tiger your dog will be fine in a good boarding kennel, it's usually the owners that stress, the dogs generally cope very well. We both went overseas a couple of years ago and put our dogs in kennels for nearly two months, there were no problems.

Personally I would rather place my dogs in a reputable boarding kennel than give them to a complete stranger, I'm not casting aspersions on DOLers here, but let's face it there are a lot of members and anyone can purport to be anything over the internet.

If you can find a nice genuine person to care for them and you're happy to do that then ok, but as a few recent topics have shown you can't automatically assume that someone is trustworthy just because they're a member of DOL.

Zoya loves other dogs and she is quite gentle with small dogs. She is easily get tired and mostly happy laying down next to me.

She only digging because my housemate dog is digging the backyard but i hardly leave her alone unattended. I am watching her like hawk.

Before i go to work early in the morning i will feed her and take her for toilet (she understand command "toilet") and then i wil give her treat and put her in my room until i came back from work.

She loves chewing shoes and papers. so i gotta to make sure those things removed.

She is ok with cats just love playing with them but won't attack or hurt them.

She is not a barker. unless something spooks her. I have problem teaching her to speak. but she likes to whinge like a yawning noise but only does it when i near her but busy reading books or doing something else.

She never escaped from backyard but if the door open and she see other dogs she might go out and say hello to the other dogs. But i never leave her alone.

She knows how to sit, shake hand, begging, belly rub, stay and wait (these 2 still 70% successful rate)

she will wait for sign OK before she eat her food. she is a polite puppy ever.

and she is beautiful..

Yeah I guess you are right. I just can't imagine Zoya being locked in a kennel and only get human touch like once a day. and those other dogs noises will scare her. She is a real sook.

I am worried she won't be the same Zoya when I am back, that sweet and beautiful girl anymore. I don't have any relatives here. And i urgently need to go back to my country to be there for my mum.

It's hard decision. I have to leave either monday or tuesday next week and come back in 14 march.

It's hard to leave when you have baby.

I think you are worrying unnecessarily Tiger. A good boarding kennel will have contact with your dog more than just once a day, some kennels will also allow your dog out for exercise or to play with other dogs if you request this service. I'm sure some DOLers can recommend somewhere.

At least you will know that she's safe, call me paranoid but there are very few people that I would trust to look after my dogs and I would never contemplate handing them over to a stranger who may or may not be trustworthy and competent.

The right kennel your dog will receive more contact than it will with your flat mate & some one popping in.

Also as school holidays have just finished it is often a slightly quieter time especially as easter is early this year.

We run kennels & this week has been bliss with nearly all the xmas dogs leaving giving us time to do things & have a little break before the onset again.

The reality is you need to check out kennels now so if you need there services you already now what there facilities are,what they require,costs etc.

We actually find the dogs go home so much more confidient as there allowed to be dogs & they thrive in that respect.Many people create sooks which makes it hard on the dog but in the right kennels your pup will enjoy itself

Yeah I guess you are right. I just can't imagine Zoya being locked in a kennel and only get human touch like once a day. and those other dogs noises will scare her. She is a real sook.

Once a day?

Find a good kennel! We run dogs at least 3 times a day when flat out, each dog gets one on one time with a person, be that playing, brushing or just hanging out on the grass together.

We just had a Wolfhound go home after 5 weeks with us. He didnt know how to sit when he showed up, he has gone home with sit, drop, wait (for food) and sometimes stay!

Good kennels will look after your dog and will give it the attention it needs

Edited by Terrorbull

Agree about preferring a kennel over a stranger.

Another way to look at it- Are you prepared to pay for whatever your dog destroys at someone's house?

Even "good" puppies can chew things.

Could be more expensive to stay with someone, rather than a kennel.

Plus, more likely for accidents to occur- like getting out etc.

eta: YOu can't get more people-orientated than a poodle and my older dog was fine at kennels.

Edited by Poodle wrangler

Once a day?

Find a good kennel! We run dogs at least 3 times a day when flat out, each dog gets one on one time with a person, be that playing, brushing or just hanging out on the grass together.

We just had a Wolfhound go home after 5 weeks with us. He didnt know how to sit when he showed up, he has gone home with sit, drop, wait (for food) and sometimes stay!

Good kennels will look after your dog and will give it the attention it needs

Terrorbull......which state are you in?