Is My Puppy Really A Maltese X Shih Tzu?

00snoopy

She's about 1.3kg, 28cm long and 24cm high (according to the pic from head to tail to paws).

I wasn't sure if she's really a maltese x shih tzu. Kind of suspected she has a terrier or some other breed in her as well.

Her fur's starting to 'fluff up' but doesn't seem as fluffy as I thought she would be.

I had a Maltese x Shih Tzu for 14 years and she definitely didn't look like that as a puppy....she was more fluffy and with longer, more "rabbit-fur-like" hair as a puppy. She also had a different shaped head and her ears weren't as triangular.

Yours is adorable, where did you rescue her from? She could have Westie in her as well as JRT. If there's any Shih Tzu, it's not very noticable.

I would say theres a bit of JRT in there too. My friend has a Maltese X Shih Tzu and he didn't look much like your girl at her age. Ralph had a much rounder head and was a lot more fluffy than her. His ears were a bit smaller too.

She is adorable though, whatever the breed!

I had a Maltese x Shih Tzu for 14 years and she definitely didn't look like that as a puppy....she was more fluffy and with longer, more "rabbit-fur-like" hair as a puppy. She also had a different shaped head and her ears weren't as triangular.

Yours is adorable, where did you rescue her from? She could have Westie in her as well as JRT. If there's any Shih Tzu, it's not very noticable.

Same here except we didnt have ours for 14 years. She died when she was 10 due to stress of moving ;)

I definately think Jack x Maltese.

Got length in the nose, but a little more rounder so definately no Shih Tzu. It would be more squished up than it is.

Also, hair is very straight and whispy looking, so again, definately not a mix of 2 breeds with such a full coat. One part of the mix definately has a short coat for the hair to look the way it does.

She is very very cute :clap:

Plus side is also that even though she would get a bit of length in her coat (not like a malt or shih tzu though and not the thickness) it will be a quite an easy care coat with brushing only required a couple of times a week due to the short haired part of her ;)

I reckon there's some terrier in there, we have a little scruffy feral that has a similar face (only your girl is so much prettier!!)

Jasper_2.jpg

We're not sure what he is either, but I think there's some Jack Russell hiding in there somewhere...

Thanks everyone for your opinions. At least they confirmed my suspicions.

She's a cutie still. She seems to exhibit JRT traits like jumping/pouncing lots and seems to have less attention span as well.

I'll now have to steel myself for extra discipline and lots more exercise. :love:

She's a cutie still. She seems to exhibit JRT traits like jumping/pouncing lots and seems to have less attention span as well.

Well that's just what being a puppy is about, snoopy, but please dont think of exercise at this time. Play time yes - full on exercise no.

Well that's just what being a puppy is about, snoopy, but please dont think of exercise at this time. Play time yes - full on exercise no.

Sorry, I meant for future...when she's older and needing more walks etc.

Definately not now...she gets tired easily just after playing a bit. I'm only spending 10mins at a time teaching her to sit - and slowly getting there :love: