Spitting In Dog's Mouth

I havent heard of spitting in dogs' mouths to gain their loyalty but I have heard of something else - one of the Anita Cobby murderers believed it. Just unbelievable.

Your dogs will be loyal to you if you give them leadership. No need to spit in their mouth or play with other orifices.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not heard of that one. But I knew a guy who honestly believed that if you 'fondled' with an entire male until he ejaculated, he would be loyal for life. Typical male.... :) ;)

;) Well if thats the case my dogs will be very disloyal.

Honestly, that is just plain revolting. :champagne:

Another one I have heard of is that if you piddle/pee on them you are showing who is the boss and they respect you for it. I know of two guys that do this to all their dogs at least once and if it dont work the first time, they do it again. They say that male dogs show dominance by peeing on everything and everyone. You pee on them then you are showing the dominance..

I think its discusting ;) :shakehead: :)

Not heard of that one. But I knew a guy who honestly believed that if you 'fondled' with an entire male until he ejaculated, he would be loyal for life. Typical male.... :rolleyes: :confused:

:laugh: Well if thats the case my dogs will be very disloyal.

Honestly, that is just plain revolting. :D

OMG :mad No Way! That's so disgusting, Bailey is very loyal towards me, I don't have to molest him to gain his love & devotion. :(

Not heard of that one. But I knew a guy who honestly believed that if you 'fondled' with an entire male until he ejaculated, he would be loyal for life. Typical male.... :rolleyes: :confused:

No, the guy you know is definitely not a typical male :laugh: I doubt any of the males I know would be at all interested in fondling their animals genitals.

There's a name for people who sexually interfere with animals. I don't see anything funny in the behaviour either.

There could be some basis in fact why this might work.

Foxes, dogs and other canines will often gorge large amounts of food then take it back and digorge it for pups to eat. So the mouth to mouth connection would represent this bond.

Food for thought? :rolleyes:

Some of this makes me sound like I am really sick. I do love my dogs, I don't fondle them, I dont pee on them, I spat in their mouth once and do I think it works? I really don't know that was why i asked the question? I'm not saying it does work, but I'm not saying it doesn't work either.

But please, I love my dogs, I feed them well, they are spoilt rotten, I hope I am a good pack leader and I don't think a little spit hurts them ( my dogs eat cockroaches, worms, lizards, bird poo, grass and my spit surely would not have hurt them) But thank you for replying I once asked Dr Harry if he had heard of it and he said he had, but he didn't think it was true. Cheers

Edited by Guest

Some of this makes me sound like I am really sick. I do love my dogs, I don't fondle them, I dont pee on them, I spat in their mouth once and do I think it works? I really don't know that was why i asked the question? I'm not saying it does work, but I'm not saying it doesn't work either.

But please, I love my dogs, I feed them well, they are spoilt rotten, I hope I am a good pack leader and I don't think a little spit hurts them ( my dogs eat cockroaches, worms, lizards, bird poo, grass and my spit surely would not have hurt them) But thank you for replying I once asked Dr Harry if he had heard of it and he said he had, but he didn't think it was true. Cheers

Pumpitdog, none of those other things were aimed at you in anyway :confused:

You just started the ball rolling for people to share some silly old wives tails they've heard about dogs and dog training.

You asked if other people had heard of the spitting myth or if they'd tried it, people only replied to say no and gave their reasons - there is absolutely no reason why it would work.

I am sure you are a good pack leader, and that's why your dogs respect you and obey you, not because you spat in its mouth :eek:

My OH believes something he was told as a young teen that if you half wank a dog, for lack of better words, then he will not leave your side because he wants you to finish the job :eek:

He told me this old bushie did it in front of them while they were sitting around a campfire, and not long after the dog actually ran off and never came back :confused:

Not heard of that one. But I knew a guy who honestly believed that if you 'fondled' with an entire male until he ejaculated, he would be loyal for life. Typical male.... :):rofl:

No, the guy you know is definitely not a typical male :( I doubt any of the males I know would be at all interested in fondling their animals genitals.

There's a name for people who sexually interfere with animals. I don't see anything funny in the behaviour either.

So people who collect semen are 'sexually interfering'? I'm not saying i'm agreeing with it, but just because some guy believed something he was told, doesn't make him some kind of psycho.

And my 'typical male' comment was more based around the concept of a young guy thinking sex makes something loyal, NOT for doing that particular thing. Was just a joke. Sorry if it offended

Edited by stormie

I've never heard of it but went to Google to look it up thinking people can't possibly do this and this is what I found:

I also spit into my dogs mouths: a very senior-to-subordinate action in the canine world. Puppies and subordinate dogs are always licking the muzzles of socially senior pack members. Spitting into a dog's mouth is not to be done if you can't read a dog's willingness to be voluntarily subordinate: you can get badly hurt. Spit serves me as a top reward to the dogs for doing something very well, or as a reassurance. Unlike treats, I've always got my voice, my hands, and spit with me for the appropriate level of reward. My dogs actually seek for me to do this. Try it with your own dog, or perhaps one that isn't, and be prepared for one of three general reactions: First -- Dog doesn't reject the action, may be a bit puzzled at first or immediately ask for more. In any case, the dog will readily continue to accept the action. Second -- Dog acts offended and retreats, but does not become unfriendly. Will return if called, but clearly indicates it is unsure of its status. Third -- Dog rejects the action, hackles may rise, and you need a new nose and lots of stitches. The first reaction is the most indicative of existing puppy mentality. Always be cautious and prepared for the third.

The next method of asserting control that I am going to mention might seem a bit disgusting to you but it works; I learned this from a horse trainer. Every now and then, just grab your dog’s muzzle, open his mouth, and spit in his mouth! This works especially well on dogs that are being obstinate. I was told that it has the same effect as if Mama canine regurgitated food into a puppy’s mouth - and all dogs remember the respect that they had for Mama. I regularly spit in each dogs’ mouth when I have them on my force- fetch table; it has the effect of calming them down and reaffirms control.

This is very interesting, Sas! Thanks for the effort and sharing!

I read this post when it first started. I recently got a Weim puppy and had some bonding issues. Not dominance issues, just bonding. He prefered the company of my other dog much more than mine and always followed her around but never really cared what I was doing. That surprised me as Weims are really close to their owner. I thought it might just take time but after asking that question in the Weim forum, most people were surprised.

So, I did the same as Sas und yes, I found a few articles suggesting this, so I thought 'well, I might give it a go'. The little one licks my old girls muzzle all the time, so maybe that's a sign? So I did it, I spit in my dogs mouth. I didn't do anything else differently but now the little one is not leaving my side anymore. :eek: Honestly he's never been like that, so maybe it does work?!

Pumpitdog, thanks for the advice - it worked for us! :laugh:

Not heard of that one. But I knew a guy who honestly believed that if you 'fondled' with an entire male until he ejaculated, he would be loyal for life. Typical male.... :laugh::eek:

No, the guy you know is definitely not a typical male :love: I doubt any of the males I know would be at all interested in fondling their animals genitals.

So people who collect semen are 'sexually interfering'? I'm not saying i'm agreeing with it, but just because some guy believed something he was told, doesn't make him some kind of psycho.

And my 'typical male' comment was more based around the concept of a young guy thinking sex makes something loyal, NOT for doing that particular thing. Was just a joke. Sorry if it offended

No need to aplogise, you didn't offend. I hope that guy you speak of doesn't have a dog though.

Breeders who collect semen from their stud dogs are doing it for a totally different reason and have good reason to do so. Blood lines for future generations in their breeding program.

It's hardly a similar situation to someone who would do that to keep his dog loyal. My dogs are loyal and I've never felt the need to play around with their bits.

It's not typical male behaviour, not from the males I know. I asked a male friend yesterday who works with dogs what he thought of it. I won't tell you what he said :love:

I don't think it's funny either but I guess we all have our own sense of humour.

It was a joke? Sorry, I thought you were serious that the guy really did think it was the way to keep a dog loyal.

I didn't mention the word psycho I said there was a name for people who sexually interefere with animals because there is.

• Troy locked this topic