Advance

Hi all,

I rarely hear anyone talking about or recommending Advance.

After trying LOTS of different brands over the years (Eagle Pack, Nutrience, Pro Plan and Royal Canin to name a few) I have recently started feeding Advance (about 2 months ago). I can happily report that all 4 dogs love the food and are thriving! Before, my Shepherd was having trouble keeping weight on and my Borders were less than impressed with other dry foods, they would pick at it, leave it and come back to eat it later, sometimes.

Now I put their bowls down and it is gone in a flash.

I will also be raising a litter on the Rehydratable soon.

I give a LOT of raw food too, but like to feed dry a couple of days a week.

Does anyone else here feed or has fed Advance? I would love to hear reports good or bad :rolleyes:

I wean my litters (orphans & fosters) on to it and am happy with absolutely no complaints to tell.

I would consider it for my adults but am forced to budget a bit.

Good to hear. I am on a budget too, which is why I switched to Advance. At $79 for a 20kg bag, I found it to be the cheapest premium and value for money. Never expected such good results :rolleyes:

Yep feed it too at times. I tend to feed all different brands. Am using it at the moment. I like the size of the kibble as my gutsy borders sometimes choke on the smaller kibble. I haven't used it for any great length of time to see if there is any difference in condition etc.

I tried it on my guys and didn't like Victoria and Georges poos, but George also got hot spots, gained weight and coat went dull. Switched to Royal Canin and he coat and poos looked fab again.

Tried it, dogs liked it but lost condition on it. Having to feed more food to a bloat prone breed to keep weight on is just not an option, as the risk of stretching the stomach with larger quantities of food is unacceptable.

The smaller dogs did fine on it, but they were a little porky to start off with so losing a bit of weight didn't matter.

I have been using it for about 12 months or so now. My dogs are great on it. My staffy x has bad summer itch and this year it was nowhere near as bad as past years. I believe it was the food.

It is also easier for me to source than other brands.

Jake my Cental Asian Ovtcharka won't touch it nor will my burmese kitten, Snickers. They are Hills devotees and look great, I had over 100kg of it and even mixed Jake will eat everything but that.

Edited by casowner