Joint Guard

Hi Everyone,

Yes I'm hunting around for Joint Guard again... and I think Trent at Greyhound Products Direct here still wins hands down...

Anyone do better anywhere than 55.50 (inc GST) for 400gms + 4.50 P & H?

Or are there any new products similar to Joint Guard around which anyone can recommend?

Thanks,

Westiemum :D

I get the Nature vet Equine Jointguard. My 2 dogs (32 and 34 kg) get 2 x level scoops(about 10grms). I get it cost from the vets I work at. It might pay to check out the equine version and compare the prices to how much you'd need to give your dogs.

I get the Nature vet Equine Jointguard. My 2 dogs (32 and 34 kg) get 2 x level scoops(about 10grms). I get it cost from the vets I work at. It might pay to check out the equine version and compare the prices to how much you'd need to give your dogs.

I asked my vet about doing this and its not recommended.

The vet said that horses absorb glucosamine & chondrotin at a different ratio to dogs & cats, so you would be underdosing the Chondroitin and giving too much Glucosamine.

Thansk for the reminder chezzyr. You can get the Joint Guard treats for a good price at the site I listed above - they just aren't actually. Must put them on my list too.

Cheers

Westiemum :laugh:

Edited by westiemum

Yep thanks Mooper.

Thought I'd mention it again in case anyone knew of any better prices anywhere, or just as importantly, anything new on the market which might be of help to our arthritic oldies... but I'm pleased to say it seems not!!

Cheers

Westiemum :rolleyes:

That's the best price I know of, Westiemum, and I think it was because you mentioned it on DOL that I found it!

So thanks :laugh:

Westiemum,

After your original post I bought Joint Guard from Greyhound products direct. It is the best price I have found so far and they have always been prompt with dispatching.

The one time they did run out of stock they contacted me to let me know there would be a delay.

Thanks,

:confused:

Thanks for that - yes I've found their service really good and importantly their prices are just as good too, including very reasonable shipping/postage. And no I have no connection with them in case anyone's wondering!!

Cheers,

Westiemum :laugh:

Westiemum,

After your original post I bought Joint Guard from Greyhound products direct. It is the best price I have found so far and they have always been prompt with dispatching.

The one time they did run out of stock they contacted me to let me know there would be a delay.

Thanks,

:(

• 2 months later...

Am in the process of buying Joint Guard. Greyhounds Direct have gone up to $63.50, which is still good. They also have the 750 grams for $109.50.

Does anybody know if the prices can be bettered?

Thanks. :eek:

Am in the process of buying Joint Guard. Greyhounds Direct have gone up to $63.50, which is still good. They also have the 750 grams for $109.50.

Does anybody know if the prices can be bettered?

Thanks. :eek:

Thats a GOOD price for the 750gms... I just paid $140 !!!

adding this link to FAVs now lol

Hey thanks Daxilly and Amerykus,

Yep 109.50 for 750 gms seems pretty fair to me too. I'll be in the market again shortly so will head back to Greyhounds unless anyone has found anywhere better??

Cheers,

Westiemum :eek:

Last time i bought joint guard i actually got it from our local Petstock. For the 400gms tub it was i think (brains failing me) $58.00. I worked out to get it from greyhounds was more expensive and that's why i just picked it up at Petstock.

Oh should mention that was only for the 400gms tub. They didn't have the bigger one :clap:

Edited by Melbomb

Hey thanks Melbomb and Ness,

Will check out Petstock - BTW I've never been into one of their stores so can someone please reassure me that they don't stock live animals? (If they do, I don't care how cheap they are, I won't shop there!).

Thanks

Westiemum :love:

quote name='ness' date='17th Jul 2008 - 10:58 AM' post='2840155']

Actually yep I was going to say the last time I looked at petstock it was cheaper then through greyhounds.

Hi Westimum

I am trying a new product for arthritis called Reflex Liquid, it has the same ingredients as Joint Guard (I looked into this one as well as my friend's dog is on it) but I just thought the liquid would be easier as I feed dry food. So far so good, they will eat the liquid from the spoon if I let them! I found another liquid for arthritis called Flexicose but it didnt have any where near as much glucosamine or chondroitin in it and this one has MSM too. From my internet research liquids are much better absorbed than powders and tablets so I figure this was a good thing to? My husband takes glucosamine and chondroitin for his knees and he swears by it but it is a powder so he is considering taking the liquid too, only thing is it is beef flavoured so not sure how that will go in his orange juice :rofl:

I bought my first bottle online for $53 plus postage.

• 2 months later...