What Do You Do To Remember?

foxy0711

I saw this on another forum I visit. What does everyone here who has lost a pet do to remember them by?

To remember Abby I have a picture of her next to my bed and one on my shelves. I have the collage I made to remember her by hanging on my wall and her ashes sit in my room atop my bookshelf. I put all her things (lead, collar, favourite toy) in a box called 'Abbys box' and Im forever finding little white hairs all around the place because she shed alot, but they remind me of good times.

I did up a photo album of my beautiful Lassie, and that helps at times, although it's sad. I've got a 'lock' of her hair in there too...

She is brought to mind very distinctly whenever I hear My Immortal by Effanescence. In the week she died, that song haunted me. I heard it everywhere, including while I was waiting at the back of the vet's surgery for them to come and tell me the results of the ultrasound. It was playing on their radio. I had already heard it twice that day.

Lynne.

All my pets are cremated...my all time heart hound, on the anniversary of his death I always light a candle...Stevie's photo I still carry in my wallet to this day, he passed away 7 yrs ago now...kind of hard to believe it has been that long...:D I also have his name tattooed on my thigh in Japanese...

My beloved furkids have songs...:D

Together Again by Janet Jackson for my heart hound Stevie, and yes My Immortal for my boy Bundy who passed away last year...

I've had more furkids that I have lost, but for some reason these two have songs...

I've lost four greyhounds and one cat...:laugh: and many other pets, rabbits, guinea pigs, a rat and a bird..:laugh:

Mel

Edited by greyhoundangel

we have been planting fruit trees over ours, and now have our own beloved mini 'orchard'!

we have lost three of our older wolfies, our 19 year old rescue x bred, and a hand raised premmie pony foal in the last two years :D

when my hearthound - Ciaran was in his last week, we knew he only had a few more days with us, and had the vet on standby to come out and help him to the rainbow bridge when the time was right, somebody gave me the Shaun Mullin's CD - Souls core, with the song - 'Patrick', I was playing it all that week - I love the song, but cant hear it without a huge lump in my throat. The lyrics talk about a friend of his who died young, a sensitive soul with an artist inside, and Ciaran was just that, a shy and special boy, who could touch selected people with his gentle quiet soul. (RIP - Ciaran - CH Wulfgar Innes Fodhla)

fifi

Tornado

My father died a few years ago in Brisbane. After the funeral, I went through all his panio music and selected the music I wanted, as was his wish. I came across a piece I hadn't seen or played for years and of course that was one of the pieces I took. It was a very obscure work and certainly not too many people would know.

On the day I was to return to Sydney, I had a bit of time to spend before going out to the airport and so took a wander through David Jones. What was playing through the store .... yes, that piece of music.

Eerie ??

Arolf

My furkids are always with me , photos etc.

I have 2 buried at a Pet Cemetery the RSPCA call Pets Dreamtime. It is a properly laid out cemetery , plaques on the graves with the wording of your choice. The fee, $250, for this is then put in to the Shelter to help those furkids wo don't have mummies or daddies to love them. I go and visit them when I can.

The latest loss, Fergie, well she is in her special urn in the loungeroom . watching over Dad and I. She will soon join the others at the Pet Cemetery. not yet though, can't handle her leaving me just yet. :hug:

We have small children & what we have told them is that those who have gone have become stars in the sky. That way, each time they see a bright star they know that whilst they may have gone, they are still close by.

My four year old son still talks to our very much loved devon rex cat Mogwai who is now a bright star in the sky.

I also strongly believe that though their body may be gone, their spirit lives on forever in the memories of those that loved them.

Liz.

I will have to agree with what Griff said ~ They are in my memories - Nver to be forgotten Some I have deicated Poems to eg this one I dedicated to my sheltie x who got hit by a car at the age of 15yrs

Memories are deep

Special they are,

No length of time

Can take them away.

I never seen you close your eyes,

I never seen you die.

But worst of all ,

I never got to say goodbye.

All my pets that have gone are in my memories.

I've got photos,videos and a grave site in the back yard for quite a few of them but I don't have that for all of them - especially the cats who have wondered off never to return :hug:

• 2 weeks later...

My old cat Apollo died last weekend. We buried him under a close friend's walnut tree, but I don't quite feel ready to look at his photos (there are many!) just yet. I've also got his collar still, but I'm too teary about his passing to think about it.

It takes time, I guess. But remembering does seem important - he gave so much love over the 11 years he was with us.

When my first dog, Bodie the Labrador died I made up an album for him. It includes nearly all pictures he's in, his vet records, his obedience cards, microchip details etc. etc.

My Dad did a wonderful drawing and painting of Bodie after he died. I have the drawing framed on my wall and the painting is hanging at my parents house.

We buried Bodie in the forest with his favourite stuffed toys and his collar.