Agility Nationals ~~~

Hi Everyone

Just wondering how many of your DOLers are going to the agility nationals this year in august!!!

I just sent mine in the other day!!! Early bird special and all :laugh:. I cant wait to see all the other states and how their dogs are. I’m kind of new to agility I have been doing it for 13 months now with my border collies. We went to South Australia national last year and we had the best fun it was incredible some of the other dogs just watching them was so amazing....We entered :rolleyes: well lets just say we had fun :laugh:. but maybe this year we can be a little more competitive :eek: MAYBE!!!

Edited by borderstaff

I may go if I can find someone to run my black girl, Kira.

I'll be about 8mths pregnant by then so won't be able to do it myself :rolleyes:

I'll enter anyway and hopefully will find someone crazy enough to run the mad black devil!

I'll be about 8mths pregnant by then so won't be able to do it myself :laugh:

I'll enter anyway and hopefully will find someone crazy enough to run the mad black devil!

it might be a little hard to run 8 months pregnant :rolleyes:

:laugh: mad dogs there not the easiest to run are they but fun never the less????? Sometime kirra is just WAY too fast for me lol never a dull moment that is for sure!!!!

I'll be about 8mths pregnant by then so won't be able to do it myself :eek:

it might be a little hard to run 8 months pregnant :rolleyes:

:laugh: mad dogs there not the easiest to run are they but fun never the less????? Sometime kirra is just WAY too fast for me lol never a dull moment that is for sure!!!!

If I did run I'm sure the crowd would be amused!

Now that I have my other dogs to run I much prefer running the carzy one! Maybe it's the name :D :laugh:

Yep, I'm planning on competing (well running anyway - don't think we'll be competitive :laugh: ) with my feral little BC bitch. My mad goofy boy will just be along for the ride. Sent my entries in earlier in the week. I really enjoyed last year in Adelaide - and I'm Melbourne born and bred, so looking forward to this year. It'll be nice to meet some other DOLers as well.

Hi Everyone

Just wondering how many of your DOLers are going to the agility nationals this year in august!!!

I just sent mine in the other day!!! Early bird special and all :). I cant wait to see all the other states and how their dogs are. I’m kind of new to agility I have been doing it for 13 months now with my border collies. We went to South Australia national last year and we had the best fun it was incredible some of the other dogs just watching them was so amazing....We entered :o well lets just say we had fun :D. but maybe this year we can be a little more competitive :) MAYBE!!!

Haha - judging by how well she has been doing lately - I'd say chances are good!!!! She's been looking really good!

Well duh.. of course I'm going... Leo's entries are sent off (all of the 6 Agility/ jumping runs!) but I'm holding off on Kinta to see how fine i'm drawing the line between her coming into season, as that will tell me how many runs she will be doing (or that i'll risk having to scratch from!)... annoying girls in season!!!! :D :love:

I'm going to the obedience Nationals......

and the Agility ones next time in WA!

Ptolomy - I'll have to hunt you down at the obedience nationals :laugh:

Haha - judging by how well she has been doing lately - I'd say chances are good!!!! She's been looking really good!

thanks but yeah a little more weight needs to be lost first but we are really trying but her jumping on the bench and steeling half a loaf of bread or going into the chicken house and taking the eggs isn’t helping the situation at all!!!!! :laugh:

i cant wait to see kinta im so angry im not going to see her run :rofl:

I've been doing agility for a little while now.. But I havent seen a trial yet! I'd love to go in the National one if I knew I'd be up to scratch :rofl:

Anyway got any info or videos on novice competition? :laugh: Whats expected?

I don’t have any video or photos from the nationals but its really not that much different from a normal trial its just there are SO many more people and dogs :confused:

I do believe there is a massive misconception that because its the Nationals you need to be fantastic in order to compete and I think that scares a lot of people away....But I personally don’t believe that is the case at all….no matter how good a dog might be all it takes is one little bar knocked and that’s it!!!

I entered my dog last year and we had only been in 4 trials, she was a feral nut but we went we had a absolute ball we even nearly got a clear round in novice agility but the a frame was wet and she slipped off….so you just never know!!!

My advise if you have never been to a trial it go check it out see what you think!!! Maybe enter and see how you go!!!! You will never know if you don't give it a go :rolleyes:

I would love to get my dogs up to the standard where they could go to the agility nationals. Hopefully one day! We've only really been going for a bit over a month and Darcy is going pretty well.

I will definitely be there with my little choccie BC, we are trying to practice madly just so we don't look too foolish. Actually, just to clarify - I really mean her handler doesn't want to look too foolish, I know she will be fine. :love:

I will definitely be there with my little choccie BC, we are trying to practice madly just so we don't look too foolish. Actually, just to clarify - I really mean her handler doesn't want to look too foolish, I know she will be fine. :laugh:

:cool: so so true with me anyway :rolleyes:

but good on you all for coming i for one think its going to be fantastic!!!!

thanks but yeah a little more weight needs to be lost first but we are really trying but her jumping on the bench and steeling half a loaf of bread or going into the chicken house and taking the eggs isn’t helping the situation at all!!!!! ;)

i cant wait to see kinta im so angry im not going to see her run :D

:eek: ;) Naughty Kirra stealing food - I thought she was too well behaved for that :p

You'll see Kinta run - she's at Morwell this weekend... Warringal the next :confused::eek: We are ready to enter the realms of public embarrassment! Although - she did run well last night - just a bit of bad handling by me at a few parts ;)

I've been doing agility for a little while now.. But I havent seen a trial yet! I'd love to go in the National one if I knew I'd be up to scratch :D

Anyway got any info or videos on novice competition? :rofl: Whats expected?

It's just like any other competition - nothing to stress about.... This is the only Novice Agility I have taped - but here is Ex Jumping as well - not too difficult - it's just a matter of what happens on the day and learning how to run as a team I guess :)

(Excellent Jumping)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV5I64OMmT8 (Novice Agility & Excellent Jumping) - Please ignore the weaves - they were disgraceful!

Edited by leopuppy04