Last Puppy Canine Won't Fall Out

joebloe

My 20 weeks old pup has one last puppy canine tooth that won't fall out. It's replacement can be seen coming through the gums beside it. The puppy canine has turned brown. Should I just let nature takes it's path or get the vet to pull it. She will be desexed in a bit over a months time, which is probably too long to wait to save on Vet's bills. What do you reckon?

Hi joebloe,

Given pup is due to be desexed in a month i wouldnt stress to much

I would offer pup lots and lots of bones till then in the hope it works itself loose.

I had Miss Kiss booked in to have 3 canines removed and gave her lots of bones in the meantime. Looked in her mouth the night before and they had all come out with out my assistance. Her mother tho had to have 2 pulled. I was shocked at the root on one and the other would have eventually fallen out.

If you are worried ask your vets opinion.

If she were a show puppy, I'd say have it pulled ASAP, but as she is due to be speyed, hold off until then. As everybody else has also said, give her heaps of bones to chew and it may well come out, or at least loosen by itself.

I agree with all the above posts...wait it out until your appointment in a month's time.

I had a similar problem with my girl last year...tooth turned green and took over 3 weeks...but one morning I checked and it was gone. We gave our dogs beef hide chews.

post-16160-1216713110_thumb.jpg

I agree with all the above posts...wait it out until your appointment in a month's time.

I had a similar problem with my girl last year...tooth turned green and took over 3 weeks...but one morning I checked and it was gone. We gave our dogs beef hide chews.

Wow, that doesn't look good - did it smell really bad??

My dachies canines took a long time to fall out but they didn't change colour like that. As well as bones etc I wiggled them whenever I thought of it and they came out themselves.

Edited by lizandel