A New Star In The Sky Tonight

SpikesPuppy

I don't know what to think at the moment, my beautiful little cat is gone. He wasn't even 10 years old. I fed the dogs, then went to feed the cats (and wondering why Angel wasn't hanging around like he always does), Called them and shook the food jar... only Buffy came out of the sleeping box. I looked inside and I thought he was sleeping. I hoped he was sleeping. I patted him and he didn't move, he was still warm. I gently pulled him out and he was very limp in my arms. I have no idea what happened to him.

He had been off-color the past few days, but that is not unusual for him (he has a sensitive digestive system and also gets - got - hairballs), and he really seemed better yesterday and this morning he took his usual swipe as I poured milk into my coffee. And when I got home from walking the dogs this afternoon, he was his usual cheery yowly self.

I'm gonna miss that little black cat so much. He was so unique in SO many ways. Half feral he was known to attack strangers but he adored me, he acted like a little dog, following me around, learning tricks and he was half Burmese so he talked all the time.

He was 4 months old (approx.) when I first met him. I was at a friend's birthday party and we went to look at some kittens down the street. They and their mother (pure Burmese) were housed in an old car. The guy told us that because they weren't pure bred, he was going to send them to the pound, they weren't worth anything. I asked if I could have one and he said yes, if I could catch it! So I lay down and called. The smallest, a little black one with a kinked tail was the one who came over to me. He cuddled upto me and purred. My friend tried to pat him and he hissed and swiped her! He was defeinately mine.

My friend's mum drove me home that afternoon, where I showed my mum this little cat in my backpack. Of course she let me keep him but she wasn't impressed! He grew very close to me, loved walking on a lead or harness (he would go to the park on a leash every so often as well as to the shopping centre, even the vets!). But he was nasty to strangers or visitors. Once he attacked my poor friend who was fixing my computer (and this friend is a huge cat lover!!).

He was my first cat, and he was amazing. I just wish he was still here :confused: He would have been 10 in November (we share the same starsign).

Rest in Peace my sweet Angelus.

1998 - 2008

:thumbsup: SP, I'm so sad to read about your little cat, that makes about three DOL pusses who have left so suddenly :rofl:

I don't know why we lose our loved one's in groups, but I hope your losses are over now.

huge hugs from our clan to yours.

fifi

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I'm still in a kind of shock about it- I've never had a 'big' pet just die before. I have found a few rodents passed away but they had been very old. I spoke to the vet about it and she suggested it may have been a heart attack or his body just gave out on him, going by my description of him (he looked so peaceful, like he was just sleeping and forgot to wake up :thumbsup: ).

I miss him, he was a very personable cat, always there to 'help' or to taste your food for you :rolleyes: He had a cheerful voice and would always say hello when you went into the laundry (the 'cat's safe room'). He was a pain in the bum at times, and he could be very demanding but that was part of his little (big) personality. Anyttime I was sick he would curl up on me and just purr, very comforting. The house feels so empty without him here.

Thank you again.