Hand Stripping

Teebs

Had my first go at it today, at first i was worried about hurting the dog, but finally got better with it - I cant believe the difference!!!

We only got half way through her (boss's border terrier) as we got snowed under with work, so now she is looking very strange :rolleyes:

Dont think i would want to do it all the time, but it can be pretty relaxing! (yep, im strange)

I think once i have finished, i will be very over it!

She has a mad comb over at the moment :rolleyes: I was aiming for a mow hawk, but got carried away and ruined it :o

She isnt keen on her rear end being done, but will get there over the next few days! The colour change is amazing!

It's awesome isn't it. :rolleyes: Stripping knives do make it a bit easier with the hair on the body. Do we get before and after pics? Hey once you're done, want to come and do our Border Terrier? :o The Irish looks good, the Border... not so much.

hand stripping is removing the soft undercoat and pulling the top coat at regular intervals to retain the correct colour and texture for the breed.

yes, it can be oddly relaxing, i do enjoy stripping border terriers, luckily as i have 2 to do on my day off next week!

hand stripping is removing the soft undercoat and pulling the top coat at regular intervals to retain the correct colour and texture for the breed.

yes, it can be oddly relaxing, i do enjoy stripping border terriers, luckily as i have 2 to do on my day off next week!

WHAT?????

Are you guys serious??

Are you saying....that people who show and groom (and know what they are doing!) sit there and literally go over their entire dog and pull out their hair?!!!!!

*is amazed*

How LONG does that take?? Wha???

I think I need to google and do more research. I have never heard of this before. Crazy!!!

:rolleyes: