Photo Challenge 3: 26 Sept - 9 Oct [extended By A Week!]

ruthless

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great shots!

Luke I love your glasses with the shadows, colours & textures, they are really cool. Love the little chair too :) .

Tadpole, your food colouring is really cool too. I had a play with that last year, was great fun, very messy, but great fun.

I have been slack, I guess this could be my toy entry...since I happened to take it today.

2903016891_9651ebf4bd.jpg

lukegsp: I really like the colours and shadows in your glass pics :laugh:

very nice pic vickie ... as always ... and without even trying ha! :thumbsup: I like the way the water drops come off in tentacles at the end of the toy :laugh:

I like this pic, except for the corner of the window in the top left - no longer have any editing program to get rid of it :laugh:

iceglass01.jpg

Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL

Focal Length: 21.0mm

Exposure Time: 0.300 s (1/3)

Aperture: f/7.1

ISO Equiv.: 100

my obsession with bubbles continues ...

iceglassbubbles.jpg

Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL

Focal Length: 25.0mm

Exposure Time: 0.067 s (1/15)

Aperture: f/9.0

ISO Equiv.: 100

and to go OT a sec: I am loving my new computer, I actually took this pic less than an hour ago :) unheard of :laugh:

toyholden02.jpg

Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL

Focal Length: 24.0mm

Exposure Time: 0.050 s (1/20)

Aperture: f/9.0

ISO Equiv.: 200

Edited by Clicking Mad

Great pictures and ideas people.

This idea seemed like a good one in theory, but was a b!tch to execute. The toy is Roc's Kryptonite glow in the dark toy. I had to do this in complete darkness no flash. I am really unsure how you photograph in the dark without a flash. Any tips? I guess a lens with a lower aperture?

Nikon D200

ISO200

32mm

F/2.8

Home made tripod from a box of tissues and the dictionary (I knew that thing had a purpose).

Lightroom adjustments

Photoshop burn in areas

DSC_00053SM.jpg

That's pretty cool!

A slower shutter speed would do more here than a wider aperture, I think. I don't think you'd want your DOF too much shallower than it is. Do more long exposures and experiment to get the detail you want. 28 is pretty long already, but maybe even longer...

Also you're shooting a good low noise camera, bump that ISO up a bit :coffee:

Edited by kja

Rocco - you can shoot on a high ISO and not have a lot of noise if your image is correctly exposed. We often shoot weddings on as high as 6400 ISO without much noise at all (flashes in churches look icky). Start looking at histograms on the back of your camera and learn how to read them (if you don't already). Reading the histograms makes a HUGE difference when you are shooting.

Rocco - you can shoot on a high ISO and not have a lot of noise if your image is correctly exposed. We often shoot weddings on as high as 6400 ISO without much noise at all (flashes in churches look icky). Start looking at histograms on the back of your camera and learn how to read them (if you don't already). Reading the histograms makes a HUGE difference when you are shooting.

You are talking about that graph thing that I can never get rid of sometimes in my screen? :cheer: Is there a site or something to teach people how to read it? I wouldn't know where to start to understand what it means.

Rocco - yep, that graph thing :( Just as Ruthless said... you read it the same way you read the levels graph. :love: (if you need more info, start another thread and I'll explain it to you.)

also, if you want to get rid of it from the back of your camera, view an image and then press the 'info' button. It will take the image to full screen and get rid of the graph.