Obedience Trialling Meet Up - Melbourne People!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to come too!!! :rofl:

:(

Does anyone know how we go about "booking" a small area of KCC or do we just show up and find ourselves a spot.

Thanks LukeW - I don't even know how much room that agility trial would take up but I'm assuming it's a fair amount! Would that wipe that Saturday out then???

No idea - just thought I'd mention it.

:rofl::rofl:

:(

Does anyone know how we go about "booking" a small area of KCC or do we just show up and find ourselves a spot.

Thanks LukeW - I don't even know how much room that agility trial would take up but I'm assuming it's a fair amount! Would that wipe that Saturday out then???

You can usually use the back area (behind the Westernport rooms) or the off lead area - no need to book - there will always be space, but we can't use the front area - that's all :rofl:

don't do it that weekend - as I won't be able to come :rofl:

Its a terrific idea and I am very envious :rofl:

The big problem is choosing a day and time - you will never chose one to suit eveybody. Then everybody will turn up and you are all at different training levels, and then what......so has anybody given any thought as to what will happen :(

Will you call some heelwork for each other

Will you run each other through some ring exercises

Will you just work next to each other and use each other as distractions.

Will you choose a partner from out of a hat and work with that person for 5 minutes and then choose another parnter

You could put all the exercises from open and UD (you could include novice exercises as well) into a hat and chosen three exercises and do them in the order chosen.

You could take a basket full of toys along and spread them out and do some distraction heelwork.....

OH - are you sure you all dont want to come to Perth this week - I am on holidays......

Its a terrific idea and I am very envious :rofl:

The big problem is choosing a day and time - you will never chose one to suit eveybody. Then everybody will turn up and you are all at different training levels, and then what......so has anybody given any thought as to what will happen :(

Will you call some heelwork for each other

Will you run each other through some ring exercises

Will you just work next to each other and use each other as distractions.

Will you choose a partner from out of a hat and work with that person for 5 minutes and then choose another parnter

You could put all the exercises from open and UD (you could include novice exercises as well) into a hat and chosen three exercises and do them in the order chosen.

You could take a basket full of toys along and spread them out and do some distraction heelwork.....

OH - are you sure you all dont want to come to Perth this week - I am on holidays......

bwahahah

We could spend a couple of hours trying to keep a cocker spaniel's nose off the ground!

The only sat I can't do is the 15th Nov.

This will be about the 4th day we have done Ptolomy (now are you really jealous!!).

We tend to ask what everyone wants to work on. We do run throughs, so someone calls for someone else. People usually want to do a group stay. Someone might have a particular problem, like retrieving so we offer ideas for that. And lots of general chatting and just having our dogs in a different place!

I'm easy on most saturdays I think...but would prefer later afternoon.

Though there is a twilight show sometime in october whose date I've forgotten..

Oh it's the 25th..

I'm fine for both suggested days except after um, 3 I guess on the 25th.

Edited by Tess32

:rofl::(

:rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

Don't worry laffi, Leopuppy's been a real meanie today. :p to LP!

You guys have to pick a date when my baby is due to arrive, grr. Anybody want to drive the D Train? Little bugger has decided that a recall involves coming at a good steady pace and then sitting 2ft in front, even when mum has a a chicken breast in her hand :rofl:

I'm easy on most saturdays I think...but would prefer later afternoon.

Though there is a twilight show sometime in october whose date I've forgotten..

I think LP said that was the 25th.

ETA: Don't worry, SW, this won't be the last although it might take us another 12 months to get ourselves sufficiently organised :(

Edited by The Spotted Devil

I want to come too!!! :cry:

:rofl::rofl:

:cry::rofl: :rofl: :mad:rofl:

so that's how you treat your friends now eh?!

We've had a few days now Ptolomy and usually (to the few I've been to) we either split into smaller groups, or have one person say what they want to work on, we do that and then pick them to pieces (but nicely!). It's usually a really good group who comes along and we all go home with lots of ides on how to improve etc. So in that instance, the dog doesnt' have to be any particular level to come along :).

Naturally there is a lot of gasbagging too :p

Right LP - are we jumping on a plane this afternoon and giving Ptolomy something to do for the rest of the week :rofl: .

What times the flight?!

Don't worry laffi, Leopuppy's been a real meanie today. :p to LP!

You guys have to pick a date when my baby is due to arrive, grr. Anybody want to drive the D Train? Little bugger has decided that a recall involves coming at a good steady pace and then sitting 2ft in front, even when mum has a a chicken breast in her hand :eek:

:rofl: Me - mean?!?! NEVER! Must be the baby brain eh SW :rofl: :p (hey I need to milk it - I only have a few weeks left of this!)

Haha - I have a few ideas for the D train - will PM you... it is so cute though :):love:

ETA - 25th Probably suits me better as I have a trial on the 12th ;)

Edited by leopuppy04