Sigh

GSDhandler

i woke up this morning, to koda having ripped the place apart, and bled all over my training shirt, because she was trying ot get a very wobbly tooth out. had a go at my boxing gloves too. before anyone sayas, dont let her near them.... they were in a zipped up bag!!! the bag was sitting quite happily at the bottom of the stairs when i got up, with its guts everywhere :rolleyes:

the shirt had to go....... looked pretty sus.... and i cleaned up the rest of it.

tried to take her for a walk. she spent 5 minutes lunging.

got home, she spent a few hours whining and running around like a nut.

i know its natural.... doesnt make the feral stage any easier to deal with.

i got the tooth by the way.

she likes giving me her teeth once they come out.

Tell me about it.....at the moment there are chew marks on.....the couch, the table legs, the lino in the kitchen, the telephone point in the wall ( :laugh: ), the curtains...... any new toy is destroyed in a 24 hour period... she will chew on the concrete and has stripped the bottom of one of the trees outside.....and this is a puppy who is taken for two walks a day plus play in the yard. Even when we're with her she wants to chew so it's not boredom.

She has her new two top front teeth and two front bottom teeth, her ears look ridiculous and she's just a big ball of energy......but I love it :thumbsup:

a suggestion:

crate her at night or put her in a room that she cant destroy

Hunta has destroyed a number of things and i have learnt, she is nearly 2 by the way, that the only time she is truly good and trustworthy is when she is crated.

I just have to share my story.

When Odin was a tiny pup, he was the only dog in the house. He used to stay at the lower level of the house which had a dog door leading to the back yard. We had blocked off access to the top level with a baby door at the bottom of the stairs.

One day, we came back home and heard scratching at the front door. When we opened the door, there was Odin (he had apparently pushed open the baby gate), etremely excited by his accomplishments of the day, proudly showing us how he had pulled a bag full of potting mix from the adjacent garage and spread it all over our cream coloured living room carpet, tore a few books to pieces, pulled down a few CDs on the floor and basically had a highly productive day :laugh:

Of course the baby gate was soon replaced with a permanent gate!!!

OMG!!!!! Didn't have that trouble while Tilba was teething. But afterwards she decided to chew the corner off the pantry cupboard that's in her room. Had 2 previous puppies in there & they didn't touch it. Mind you April when she was a baby chewed a circular hole in the lino near the back door.

Edited by luvsdogs

:eek:

most of my troubles with koda were before her feral stage, as a few owuld remember, by my venting post a few months back now.most of the damage has been repaired and the certificates shall be replaced soon anyway. the only reminder is the reciepts :cry:

got all the blood out of the shoes, thankfully. she had her first day at obedience. second youngest, and yet she was one of the better behaved. she got stepped on though, and i was ready to bop 2 dogs who got too growly with er. one off leash!!! and the other one was so big and unruly the owners coudlnt hold him :laugh: i was not impressed.

I just have to share my story.

When Odin was a tiny pup, he was the only dog in the house. He used to stay at the lower level of the house which had a dog door leading to the back yard. We had blocked off access to the top level with a baby door at the bottom of the stairs.

One day, we came back home and heard scratching at the front door. When we opened the door, there was Odin (he had apparently pushed open the baby gate), etremely excited by his accomplishments of the day, proudly showing us how he had pulled a bag full of potting mix from the adjacent garage and spread it all over our cream coloured living room carpet, tore a few books to pieces, pulled down a few CDs on the floor and basically had a highly productive day :laugh:

Of course the baby gate was soon replaced with a permanent gate!!!

very cute story BTW.

My 4.5 month old Lab has taken to chewing the wooden corners of the doors... on our rental house! My tip is tobasco sauce all down the door.. It didnt work for my last pup (he thought we were seasoning the wood for him :laugh: ) but Tayza doesnt like it...so far...

I totally sympathise.... While Zoe has kind og grown up and settled a fair bit, she still gets hold of the odd sock or bra while Im not looking, tried to get into the bathroom bin, still prances around with my husbands ventolin in her mouth and generally is still a teenager at 16 months...

Today she had a go at the only new plant in our yard which wasnt protected.... my own fault.

Yes we have a pile of reciepts and fond memories also... plus the dream that "one day" she wont do it anymore..

Edited by charli73

has anyone tried any of the "no chew" products you can put on bits of furniture, doors etc..?

i have heard of them but not sure what the names of the products are, and if they actually work?

we too have a rental house and i'd like to stop the puppy chewing anything before he starts seriously teething!

thank you!

has anyone tried any of the "no chew" products you can put on bits of furniture, doors etc..?

One product that has worked well for Odin is "Stop Chew" spray. You can get it from most pet shops. I have to spray it everyday to discourage him from chewing. Though none of the bitter products seem to deter Genie (retriever) from chewing :( So I am at a loss with her :)