Puppy Teeth To Adult Teeth.

Guest english.ivy

Guest june.andnovas

Just wondering when your pup started to loose their puppy teeth and grow adults? A dog trainer told me she would have a full set by 16 weeks, that is just over a week away. So I think she was maybe lying or got confused.

Ivy is 14 and a half weeks now and still has a complete set of puppy teeth.

Guest june.andnovas
These are the very questions you should be asking your breeder

I really don't see this as a question to be bothering the breeder with. it is a simple question to answer. You just really like picking at me don't you?

Get over it hey.

These are the very questions you should be asking your breeder

I really don't see this as a question to be bothering the breeder with. it is a simple question to answer. You just really like picking at me don't you?

Get over it hey.

Well given that the breeder has kept a pup and will be in touch with the others, she can give you a better idea of what's going on at what time when compared to the litter mates...

Of course I could give the the stock standard 20-25 weeks answer

As a breeder, I don't mind my owners asking me such questions at all. I don't care how small or how serious the question is or isn't. I would rather they come to me than just asking anyone as normally, I do have a littermate for me to compare their pup's experiences to.

Maria is such a wonderful person, I don't think she would have minded you "bothering" her with it at all :o

Edited by CDM

I would agree with asking the breeder as well. If they are anything like my pups breeder. They love hearing about your pup losing it's first tooth and how everything is going. My breeder was also able to tell me how its littermate was going with teething and also what my pups parents were like with teething. I dont think it hurts to ask others on the forum as well though, you shouldn't be penalised for it :thumbsup:

eh a full set by for months? stay away from this dog trainer please obviously has NO idea about dogs

depends on the dog, being a Belgian I would email Midniara and ask as she would also know 1) when her dogs teeth usually and 2) when you should start to worry about retained baby teeth. Remember when you were losing your teeth and one didnt want to fall out but the adult one came through anyway? dogs get that too. It can make the adult tooth permanently sit crooked so good idea to PM the breeder anyway.

I'm sure Midniara wouldnt care one bit about you showing interest in the health of your pup

Guest june.andnovas
eh a full set by for months? stay away from this dog trainer please obviously has NO idea about dogs

I have done so, decided to go with someone else. We start training tomorrow afternoon.

I need to email Midniara so I will ask her while I'm at it :)

I have done so, decided to go with someone else. We start training tomorrow afternoon.

Hi June,

Can I be nosy and ask where you are going for training?

Guest june.andnovas

Hi June,

You sure can! We went to training/kindy at Murdoch Tafe (Perth) and I wasn't happy and we won't be going back. The trainers weren't helpful at all, quite up themselves and they had off leash playtime and the four smaller pups all went for Ivy and she got scared. They also demanded that I don't feed the treats that I had taken to class and made me feed her some shit ham that gave her a belly ache.

Belgians don't like dogs that are in your face and this is what these pups did to her. I spoke to the breeder after this incident and we decided off leash play like that wasn't good for Ivy. She's all good now, she gets over things very quickly!!

I'm now going to training in Cloverdale Monday evenings. We start in two weeks. Until then I'm inviting as many friendly and calm dogs over as possible. We have a play date this afternoon with a pup from DOL. She also spends time with my parents english pointer and they are great friends!

I've checked Ivy's mouth this morning and her two lower front teeth are missing, awww.

I need to email Midniara so I will ask her while I'm at it :laugh:

Hi June,

You sure can! We went to training/kindy at Murdoch Tafe (Perth) and I wasn't happy and we won't be going back. The trainers weren't helpful at all, quite up themselves and they had off leash playtime and the four smaller pups all went for Ivy and she got scared. They also demanded that I don't feed the treats that I had taken to class and made me feed her some shit ham that gave her a belly ache.

Belgians don't like dogs that are in your face and this is what these pups did to her. I spoke to the breeder after this incident and we decided off leash play like that wasn't good for Ivy. She's all good now, she gets over things very quickly!!

I'm now going to training in Cloverdale Monday evenings. We start in two weeks. Until then I'm inviting as many friendly and calm dogs over as possible. We have a play date this afternoon with a pup from DOL. She also spends time with my parents english pointer and they are great friends!

I've checked Ivy's mouth this morning and her two lower front teeth are missing, awww.

Isn't it cute when they have teeth missing?? Lili first lost those same teeth, two lower front ones, she looked so precious :)

Guest june.andnovas
[quote

Isn't it cute when they have teeth missing?? Lili first lost those same teeth, two lower front ones, she looked so precious :)

Hehe I can't keep looking at her gummy mouth!! She loves to smile and show her gaps off.