Photo Challenge 5: 29 Oct - 12 Nov

Ashanali

Seeing as how the last one was a bit harder, maybe this one could be a bit more 'accessible'.

What does everyone think of

1. Out the front of my house

2. People

3. Communication

These topics are really broard so it might help to get a few extra submissions?

Edited by Ashanali

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Challenge :) ..... does that mean someone else will enter besides Clicking Mad and me. :)

Nice topic's though.

I'll give it a go this time around :eek: It will give me motivation to try and make my little street out the front look interesting.

People who are into macro can find so many things out the front of their house to photograph too. It's the reason I suggested really broard subjects because within them there are sooo many things people could shoot. :rofl:

I always mean to enter but never get around to it. Tonight I went out the front and snapped some shots, thought i would get them in quick before I get scared off by the far better ideas that will end up in here.

Our front yard is pretty boring but the roses are in bloom so for the first time in my life I took flower photos, my Dad will be amazed! lol.

Here are my attempts. It was all manual settings - I got brave, even manual focus! THese were done at about 7pm as the sun was going down.

f4.5, 1/80, ISO200, 135mm

PICT0095-1.jpg

f9, 1/30, ISO200, 135mm

PICT0066-1.jpg

f9, 1/200, ISO200, 110mm

PICT0072-1.jpg

The last 1 is my favourite as I like the way the light is hitting it. The others were in full shade due to the house.

Piper the last pic is really nice.

I caught the colour in the clouds last night outside my house with our palms, very simple but I like it.

Nikon D200, 24-70, ISO800, 48mm, f/4.5

DSC_0008copy.jpg

Few more

DSC_0001copy.jpg

DSC_0005copy.jpg

Edited by Rocco1

What's out the front of my house? Chopper of course! The only one of the dogs I can trust to stay still and not run away.

It was all a bit too interesting though ... looking for pussycats!

chopper-09.jpg

1/250 f4.0 ISO 200 Lens 50mm f/1.8

chopper-01.jpg

1/640 f4.0 ISO 200 Lens 50mm f/1.8

People walked past as I was taking this pic and were laughing at the stupid face on him :laugh:

chopper-03.jpg

1/500 f4.0 ISO 200 Lens 50mm f/1.8

I refuse to mow the lawn while it's serving as such a good backdrop!

chopper-05.jpg

1/1600 f4.0 ISO 200 Lens 50mm f/1.8

chopper-04.jpg

1/1600 f4.0 ISO 200 Lens 50mm f/1.8

Mmmm, sun :laugh:

chopper-06.jpg

1/4000 f4.0 ISO 200 Lens 50mm f/1.8

Edited by ruthless

Last one. Topic: People

The swan tagger, Lakes District, UK.

This (rather cute) guy and another assistant were tagging the swans on the Lake Windermere while their boss (the large guy with the clipboard) was telling them what to do while he wrote their progress down on his clipboard.

Not sure if they were student vets, rangers or volunteers but there were some seriously p*ssed of swans who were trussed up like Christmas turkeys while being tagged, weighed and details documented before being released. Note swan poo on poor guy's jeans.

2990642145_be89ded92f.jpg

Piper the last pic is really nice.

I caught the colour in the clouds last night outside my house with our palms, very simple but I like it.

Are you sure you're not in Fiji, rocco?

Yep Im pretty certain I don't live in fiji. :confused:

Great pictures. I was wondering if we could get some info on the shots so we could see what lens and exif etc? I like the one of Chopper in-between the pillars and wondering what lens you used?