Dances With Dogs

Did you know that Dances With Dogs (Heelwork to Music, Freestyle) has now been formally recognised by the ANKC as a new dog sport. As from January next year handlers will be able to compete for official titles.

ANN - CAMP TAILWAGGERS

that's awesome!!!! :laugh: what are the titles available/where can I find more info?

That is awesome! Would that mean that there would be more classes available if it's a recognised sport with titles? As I'd love to learn this with my girls but haven't found any classes near me. Though there is a one off class here in Perth in December to raise money, but one class isn't gonna be enough!

Did you know that Dances With Dogs (Heelwork to Music, Freestyle) has now been formally recognised by the ANKC as a new dog sport. As from January next year handlers will be able to compete for official titles.

ANN - CAMP TAILWAGGERS

that's awesome!!!! :o what are the titles available/where can I find more info?

There will be more details in each state's magazine Dec or Jan

the rules etc have not been released yet

ANN - CAMP TAILWAGGERS

That is awesome! Would that mean that there would be more classes available if it's a recognised sport with titles? As I'd love to learn this with my girls but haven't found any classes near me. Though there is a one off class here in Perth in December to raise money, but one class isn't gonna be enough!

If you e-mail me at Camp Tailwaggers

I can let you know who is running it all in Perth - there is a big ground swell over there

ANN - CAMP TAILWAGGERS

:o Tell me about it, LP. So which one is going to do the dancing, Kinta or Leo? Or are you going to be brave like I was at the Mary Ray camp last year and try working both at once. :(

We're hoping to get something going at our club - there are a few of us who know a little bit about it, and know a few moves. Trouble is, we all also do several other sports and teach other classes, so the logistics will be interesting.

:( I already work my two together and whenever we have done pet expos and been hanging around I'll use to quite often borrow Piper another BC and would muck around with both Ness and Piper together :o .

One of the clubs I am considering joining up next year is going to offer freestyle for fun, they are also going to run IMPROV obedience classes which is sort of a cross between Rally and normal obedience. I was playing around with one of the exercises last night with Ness and its an absolute scream.

There was also talk on dancing with dogs judges at the herding trial a few weeks back and they weren't sure there were too many people in the state who would be eligible to become judges so they couldn't see it taking off.

Edited by ness