Dick Van Pattens Kibble

Guest english.ivy

Guest belgian.blue

Not much has been said about this type of kibble .. I've been reading about the food and the ingredients seem to look good. So I'm wondering if anyone has been using this .. how have your dogs done on in it?

I want Ivy to stay clear of chicken, except the occasional chicken wing/frame and DVP food is chicken free, except for one type.

Where can you get it in Australia?

Guest PixieOfWrath

I've seen it at a couple of Pet Barns. I think Priceless Pets has it too, or something similar? (www.pricelesspets.com.au)

I've used it for both my dogs and my cat for a little over two years now. I think it's great, I also tried eagle pack holistic, nutrience, nutro choice, ziwipeak... but my animals do best on this.

I either buy it from petbarn or online.

Guest PixieOfWrath
Doesn't Petbarn sell puppies and kittens? Is there anywhere online where you can order all the different varieties?

None of the three I've been to in Sydney do.

we buy our pet food from http://www.naturalpetstore.com.au/ they stock it I have been looking into it too.

A big plus is they do free delivery to most of Sydney and are lovely people too. I was also very impressed with their proactive and open approach with the Orijen recall. Very quick to act and informative.

Edited by Chloes Dad

I'm considering trying Ziggy on the organic formula - he's currently on Eagle Pack Holistic - he looks great but his poos are soft unless I feed a chicken frame every 2nd night. Whilst I will continue to feed chicken frames, I'd prefer to try him on something that doesn't cause such a response.

ETA: You can't win!!! A google search came up with a reference to a serious melamine scare associated with DVP in 2007. They say they have new protocols but how are we to know? I'd like to feed a raw diet but have to keep the protein level below 22% and restricted to chicken. Looks like I have some reading to do.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

If I would spend half the time of what I spent on research on the dog's diet researching what I'm eating, I would be thin, fit and healthy! :laugh:

I never had any problems with Hera but Quen can't have chicken, gets runny poos on nearly everything other than Orijen. They don't eat Artemis,... :o