• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am having a ball with this lens ;)

It's good isn't it. :rofl:

Cant help you Carebear but I would guess the 1.8 is similar to Canons, cheap but still takes good pics, Canons is fondly called the nifty fifty. Hopefully a Nikon person can help you out.

Edited by Kirislin

This is Charlotte the KCC. She was a puppy farm rescue and kept in appalling conditions all her life. When found, she had 3 puppies with her. She will be on RSPCA rescue this year and now lives with my mother. She is still so timid, I had to corner her under the pergola for a photo, poor girl. With the 50mm 1.8, I didn't have to get too close to her so she let me take a few pics before running to the back of the fernery, little bugga. I've taken a few pics of her but haven't had time to convert them from RAW yet.

3939213099_9d493095ac.jpg

Edited by Ripley

This is Charlotte the KCC. She was a puppy farm rescue and kept in appalling conditions all her life. When found, she had 3 puppies with her. She will be on RSPCA rescue this year and now lives with my mother. She is still so timid, I had to corner her under the pergola for a photo, poor girl. With the 50mm 1.8, I didn't have to get too close to her so she let me take a few pics before running to the back of the fernery, little bugga. I've taken a few pics of her but haven't had time to convert them from RAW yet.

What a sweet looking girl. Poor thing :eek: Breaks my heart when I hear about puppy farm rescues.... beautiful photo...

she has a sad wistful look about her :eek:

I couldn't get her to look at the camera, she is so timid. When OH picked her up to try and put her somewhere where I could get a photo, she did a bit of wee on him, only a few dots. I'll go through some more shots tonight from my memory card, I've just noticed I need to cleans this lens, I have the same 'dot' on a few of my shots (appears on her head in this one!). Fortunately I can clone it out, funny how I didn't notice it until now, don't you hate that.

Aww she is so beautiful. How could anybody treat a dog so badly. Great photo too. :confused:

• 2 months later...

I forgot about this thread! I'll have somewhere to post the millions of photos I'll be taking with my new 50mm 1.4!

4150022746_d1380d769c.jpg

4152375739_8b26db0a11.jpg

Both taken in next to no light - ignore the banding in both photos, I exported them at very low-res.

The 4 christmas shots in my siggy were taken with it too at 8 o'clock at night with the iso set to 100 - I love my 1.4!!! I can't wait to have a play around with it on the weekend in full light!!