50mm 1.4 Or 1.8 Post Your Pics Here!

Kirislin

OK - well I just took the oldest (and slowest) to the beach (leaving the younger whining girls at home :rofl: )

2-2.jpg

4-3.jpg

3-1.jpg

1-3.jpg

not real great, but I usually use the zoom and keep a distance - with this lens I have to be closer and get showered in sand - I find it quite unnerving having a zooming grey heading towards me at full speed and staying in the kneel position!

and this is the look I got when we got home :p

ff.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK well here's my first "play" with the 1.8

Was hoping for some afternoon sun coming through the front windows, but alas it never arrived as I hoped it would!

I don't have any fancy software, so these are pretty much straight from the camera.

IMG_9528.jpg

and please don't ask what this is all about - I just saw the remnants of last night's wine bottle and stood it on the container of dog food and pointed towards the outside door to the deck!

IMG_9550.jpg

Must say I'm very impressed how it blurs the mess in the kitchen so noone can see it :p

Oh and this is foster Amber (don't ask why she's tied up :love: )

IMG_9548.jpg

I love the indoor shots without a flash :)

Taken with my favourite lens. A pretty visitor at our whippet fun day today. I dont know how I got the vignetting effect, just the shadows I suppose but I really like it.

IMG_5454.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

God I'm awful with the 1.4 50mm and the 70-200mm 4.0...I think I should just stick to my 100mm :hug: Think I really need more opportunities to use the other two.

Fabulous photos everyone, that one of Flute is gorgeous.

I had to do a group shot of these Schnauzers. Afterwards I threw on my 50mm and did some very quick individual shots. I was wondering how photogenic a Schnauzer would be (I mean this in the nicest possible way as am not use to scruffy dogs). But every pic off my camera was useable, very photogenic dogs.

3470813788_6cf31b9876.jpg

3472254528_5eb45385d8.jpg

3470812000_dd31d85bfa.jpg

Love the shots. These are such great lenses. I used my 50 1.4 at my last wedding for the whole reception and it never missed a beat, even in the suckalicious lighting conditions. I was very happy...and not a little surprised that it didn't hunt more than it did.

LP-509.jpg

I had to do a group shot of these Schnauzers. Afterwards I threw on my 50mm and did some very quick individual shots. I was wondering how photogenic a Schnauzer would be (I mean this in the nicest possible way as am not use to scruffy dogs). But every pic off my camera was useable, very photogenic dogs.

3470813788_6cf31b9876.jpg

3472254528_5eb45385d8.jpg

3470812000_dd31d85bfa.jpg

Awwwww now come off it! You cant tell me those eyelashes are real!! :vomit:

You've done a great job, I bet the owners will be happy. I hope you're liking the 50 a bit more now.

Well I had a DER moment today. Was trying to get some pics for my website (dogs in coats) and rushing around in between the rain I left the 50mm on by mistake. Not too bad portraits, but blurred coats :)

hers.jpg

anyway I found these from the other day when I uploaded the images!

IMG_9601.jpg

IMG_9646.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have some visitors this weekend. The whippets are extremely keen to meet them but that wont be happening.

Brother and sister rescue moggies and an Iggy foster all of these are with a friend who's visiting. these are the same pretty cats I posted pics of a few pages back where they were not quite in focus, I feel I did a better job today. I am alot happier with these ones.

3516800637_5b4c4bae1b_b.jpg

3517137205_56d5c3beb7_b.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread because of you guys I had to go out and get myself a 50mm 1.8 Lens this morning - now want to get home and try it out :thumbsup: . The camera store guy said he had a run on 50mm lens and I said maybe its because everybody keeps saying you can't do without one. I should spend less time on DOL it hurts my pocket too much.