The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks a lot Tlc! I'm feeling very happy with Departing :thumbsup: Love your second shot!

Hahaha, really PM? I'd be a bit more hesitant if I thought they'd hop on me but they rarely seem to move. I'm terrified of big hairy spiders :laugh: I did get a shot of this small one today, though-

IMG_33772.jpg

Everyone's action shots are so clear. Mine are always out of focus :thumbsup:

tlc gorgeous dogs. Such clear photos

aquaticmalamute great shot of the spider

ILTBY your macro shots have inspired me too the point of ordering a macro lens today. :laugh:

Poodle Mum the flower is a bromiliad ( sp? ).

Everyone's action shots are so clear. Mine are always out of focus :thumbsup:

tlc gorgeous dogs. Such clear photos

aquaticmalamute great shot of the spider

ILTBY your macro shots have inspired me too the point of ordering a macro lens today. :laugh:

Poodle Mum the flower is a bromiliad ( sp? ).

Wow, that's wonderful! Which one did you get?

ILTBY, wow wow wow, they are amazing shots. :laugh: definitely good enough to be published.

tlc, wonderful action shots.

aquamalimute, excellent macro of spidie.

TerraNik. What a beautiful photo :thumbsup: captures the moment of a busy nana.

It was to cold, wet and windy to go out to take a pic today, so going with the schnauzer theme! This young lady likes to steal my seat at the computer

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/snazy2...nt=DSCF0127.jpg

Sorry to add it as a link, for some reason it won't let me copy and paste the normal code!!

You've just copied the wrong code - that one's the share one and you want the direct link :laugh: People can browse through all your photos with that one.

Very cute dog!

It's the only code that would copy. After several attempts at trying the normal code and something previous being pasted instead, I gave up and went with the one that worked! :thumbsup:

DSCF0131.jpg

I'm not sure if she was ashamed of her new haircut or just shielding her eyes from the lights in the room so she could have a snooze. The bath seems to have made her coat a lot more reflective then normal!

Some great photos everyone! PPS I am loving your horse shots. Very nice.

I have to add photos for Friday and Saturday, I didn't get a chance to shoot Sunday or Monday. I'm heading out today with my camera so will be back in the challenge as of today. I really need to keep up. :thumbsup:

A few people have been asking about the challenge continuing into February however most of the reason that it's a 'january challenge' is that many people have holidays throughout the month and have more time than they usually do to take the photos. I'm going to start another thread with a poll for a couple of shooting ideas for February. Please head down there, answer the poll and add ideas of your own to the list. :thumbsup:

All the horsey shots are lovely, Warls :thumbsup:

God it's hot outside today. We need rain again, the grass is going crunchy. My grevilleas, however, love the heat and won't stop growing...

copyofp11901531232496989.JPG

Edited by huga

He was lovely to follow around - very friendly/non agressive, he just buzzed around checking out the window sill and a paper wasp nest before flying off. Too bad the little blighter didn't stay still for long!

I've never seen one before, I was at my dog's breeders photographing one of her young co-owned dogs for her advertising. I wish we had interesting bugs like that around here :laugh:

Love the horse looking over the fence and becks reflective doggy. Lea your 'old man' is stunning, what a lovely shot of him. Huga's grevillea's are scary, ever heard of Jack and the Beanstalk. :rofl: Umhh, that psychedelic wasp looks like he's been feeding in Ozzy Osbourne's garden.

A couple from me today. I tried for a bug shot, not very good I'm afraid. I think it's a native bee but trust me it's hard to tell what it is from this photo. :laugh: I tried sharpening it a bit, didn't help much.

Bug.jpg

My little gouldian girl. This is just the way it came off the camera, except for some cropping.

FemaleGouldianFinch.jpg

Edited to add .. Those three puppy shots are so cute. In the last one it looks like he didn't much like whatever it was he licked off his face. He looks like he's saying yuck, what WAS that. :laugh:

Edited by montall