The Official February Photo Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK Jag one looks like it could be the private parlour of a spider, but is the other bees ants?? very interesting homes, love the web shot. :hug:

Thanks Quoll :) Actually it is a birds nest. It is very high in the tree so that is the best pic I could get of it with the zoom lens, a bottom shot :)

We have a new family of wrens flying around - not sure but it could be their new home :D I did notice that there is some of my horses tail hair in that nest :o You can see it if you look closely enough (on the previous pic)

Edited by JAG

I love the different interpratation everyone puts on things :) I won't answer individually as I'll forget someone and then I'll feel horrible....the photos are all so fantastic :hug:

I haven't taken any for the past few days, will make up for it tomorrow :)

OK Jag one looks like it could be the private parlour of a spider, but is the other bees ants?? very interesting homes, love the web shot. :hug:

Thanks Quoll :) Actually it is a birds nest. It is very high in the tree so that is the best pic I could get of it with the zoom lens, a bottom shot :)

We have a new family of wrens flying around - not sure but it could be their new home :D I did notice that there is some of my horses tail hair in that nest :o You can see it if you look closely enough (on the previous pic)

Do you have Peewees around there? (Or magpie larks is another name they go by)

It looks like a nest they would build.

Wrens tend to build messy little cup shaped nests right in the middle of dense bushy plants, usually fairly low to the ground.

Edited by j

We have a new family of wrens flying around - not sure but it could be their new home :o I did notice that there is some of my horses tail hair in that nest :o You can see it if you look closely enough (on the previous pic)

Do you have Peewees around there? (Or magpie larks is another name they go by)

It looks like a nest they would build.

Wrens tend to build messy little cup shaped nests right in the middle of dense bushy plants, usually fairly low to the ground.

Thanks for that j. Yes we have peewees and a variety of other birds around the place so quite possibly theirs. I will have to keep an eye on it and the other one in the next tree to see who lives there :D I know for sure it isn't the ducks ;)

The official treasure hunt list:

home, portrait, vegetable, look up! water, mobile, glass/es, night lights, music, child, old, landscape/streetscape, eyes, mineral, key, best friend, collections, pink, dance, tree,

and for those who are wanting to extend the challenge - after you have your first 20, you can tackle these next eight:

food, stamp, car, drama, secret, something you leave behind, shapes, shadow

Water

3277602303_a81616d718_o.jpg

Tree

3277603309_8b39e86ce3_o.jpg

Car

3277602757_abf30d8b36_o.jpg

Ok here are some more.

Old. This is my old boy. He could also be in the eys catagory becasue they are as the vet says "old eyes that are moth eaten" :( Poor little varmit. It just means that he can't focus as quickly as he used to.

IMG_8906.jpg

Eyes or lack there off. No Mum, no more photos!! La la la la you might just go away! Actually he was falling asleep sitting up :laugh:

IMG_8911-1.jpg

Eyes The real mccoy

IMG_8923.jpg