My Hero Passed Away 14.1.2009

InspectorRex

I can finally write about the sudden passing of my Hero Dad, Bill, who passed away suddenly with me at his side on 14.1.2009

Dad, I was priviledged and blessed to be your daughter. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mum, you and I were the best of friends and we all shared the love of our Collies and spent many happy days on outings with them.

I promised you all along that I would fight the battle with you and you fought like bloody hell but the Cancer just became so aggressive in the last 2 weeks of your life.

Even in your last few days when you could no longer talk you suprised even the Professor be reciting The Lord's Prayer word for word when the Church Minister came into see you and pray with you and I.

I am so glad we moved from Gipplsand so you had access to far superior medical facilities and professionals. I am so glad I had you moved from South Eastern Private Hospital to Peninsula Private Hospital.

They not only looked after you with compassion but provided me and my wonderful Aunt, Dorelle, with beds, 3 meals a day- nothing was too much trouble.

Everyone that you met in your life loved you and you loved them.Same as with Mum. I was blessed to have both of you as parents.

On your last day here you would not close your eyes and I knew why. When I asked you "are your frightened?" you nodded your head vigourously.

I am so glad I stayed with you 24/7 and that Aunty Dorelle with with us too.

When I thought you had gone to God the nurse checked you and said" No he is still fighting like a real soldier". I held your hand to the end and when God did call you Home you went peacefully and took a huge hunk of my heart with you.

The professional photos of "your girls" were buried with you, just as you had requested

Your two "girls" "Phoebe" and "Gracie" miss their "RooRooPoppy" very much and they both go into your room everyday looking for you. :laugh::rofl:

Dad, I hope you have found Mum at the Rainbow Bridge and all of your beloved Collies "Brodie", "Fergie", "Maggie", "Bundy"- our rescue Collie.

You and Mum will always be beside me to guide me through life. You both brought me up with kindness and love and I was priviledged to be able to care for both of you when your health declined.

Till we meet again at the Rainbow Bridge.

Your everloving daughter

Colleen and "your girls"- "Phoebe" and "Gracie"

xoxoxoxox

EFS

Edited by InspectorRex

Thank you all, my wonderful DOL Family

I haven't really had time to grieve Dad properly as I had to find myself a job to keep"his house"( the house was in his and my names but Dad had said to me months ago that this was the happiest he had been since Mum passed away). I think Dad knew his time was near to go to God as he said to me about a week before God called him Home" I don't care how you do it but you fight like bloody hell to keep that house of mine, I love it". All of our long time family friends were calling in to see him( which they could not do when we lived in Gippsland).

Cancer took both my Mum and my Dad. Mum was only 68 yo in 2003 when she passed away( Dad was 12 years older than Mum).

Dad's Cancer and other health problems were all war-caused. I will always call him my Hero as he, like many other young brave Men, falsified his birth certificate ( he was only 15 but changed it to 18yo ) to go and "fight for His Country.

Yes dogsbesotted a very special man indeed and my Mum was the same.They were engaged for 5 years and married for 46 years before Mum passed away, so they were together for 51 years, through the good times and they bad but they always worked through their issues.

This is the RSL Eulogy that was said at Dad's Funeral. The chap who did it was close to Dad and he is grieving him also that is why it has taken a while for him to email me it:

WW 2, 439256 and A22129 Leading Air Craftsman RAAF Europe,

Member of the odd bods Association,TPI's Gippsland Social Club, and

Life Member of the R.S.L. And, Member of Cranbourne R.S.L.

Subject: Footprints for Bill Bowden. Tuesday 20th January 2009. @ 1100 Hrs.

Some times on our journey through life,

We meet people who leave footprints on our M I N D ,

They challenge us to see things Differently,

And to Question our Personal Reality.

Some times on our journey through life,

We meet people who leave footprints on our H E A R T,

They create a safe place for us to feel loved,

To open our hearts and feel Special.

Then, some times in our journey through life,

We meet people who leave footprints on our S O U L,

They share themselves with us so Profoundly,

That they touch the very essence of who we are.

(William George (Bill) Bowden) has left gentle footprints on our,

MINDS, HEARTS, and SOUL'S, of many people here today,

May we always remember the beauty of his love,

His kindness and special way he touched your and our lives.

Lest We Forget

Beautiful

Colleen

I don't know you, but when I read your beautiful thoughts of your father & mother, and read the beautiful RSL Eulogy, I just cried. It is so beautiful to read of someone who loved their dad so much and obviously respected him and cared for him through his illness. You sound like a beautiful person.

I cried because I can empathise so much with what you must be feeling right now. I was also beside my dad along with my mum and brothers & sisters when he lost his fight with cancer at 68 years of age and went home to be with his loving father, God. Then my mum came & lived with us, found she also had cancer and 2 years after losing my hero dad, I lost my beautiful mum at just 63 years of age. I was also with her when she walked into eternity.

Your words about your dad reminded me of the song I sang for my dad & then my mum at their funeral. I hope these words bring some comfort to you. I am Thinking & praying for you during your time of grief.

You told me things would be alright, Hey I believed you,

But you knew you'd be moving on and I guess I knew it too.

So how do I Let go, realise your gone,

Always I'll be part of you

No-one can take that away

But heaven is where you'll be

Dancing with the angels, watching over me

And I know there's a place in my heart,

Reserved for you.

And I know when my tears start to fall

I'm reminded of you

My Hero

Sad day and oh preciou times

Can't imagine we've said goodbye

And I'd do almost anything

To see your smiling eyes.

But heaven is where you'll be

Dancing with the angels, watching over me

And I know there's a place in my heart,

Reserved for you

And I know when my tears start to fall

I'm reminded of you

My Hero...

I have been reading the story of your dad's mighty battle, and your unwaning dedication to ensuring all that could be done, was done.

You have both fought an inspirational fight.

My thoughts are with you.

Rest in Peace Bill.

Shellbyville, that was beautiful too. Cancer is such a cruel disease and it is so prevalent on Mum's side of the family. Mum was one of six children and three , including Mum, have all died with Cancer and her other brother has had part of an organ removed due to Cancer and Mum's nephew died 8.1.2008 aged 28 with Cancer

Wednesday- your words are so beautiful.

Colleen