Clicker Seminar

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. I knew Eagleheights were intending to have her out and was just waiting for details. Melbourne has been really spoilt of late - most of the seminars I have been to have involved interstate travel. It's been a bit like Christmas, really, as we've been lucky to have had a few good ones running down here. And the fact that this one is a hop skip and a jump from me is an added bonus!! :confused:.

Would this be mainly focused at Schutzhund ?

I don't know - personally, I hope it is. Schutzhund comprise of numerous aspects (tracking; obedience; etc) and I believe to even a higher level than the usual obedience trials. I have sent an email requesting info pertaining to agenda. When I get a response I will endeavour to post it up here. But if you want to know sooner, maybe a phone call to the contact person?

Edited by Erny

That looks really interesting, just checked and OH doesn't want to go so I'm going to book in!

Lmao, you made that sound as though you weren't going to go if your OH wanted to.

Heh, it's a dog minding thing. We live in Yass and I went to the Dunbar seminar in Sydney so it's not my "turn" to skive off to a training seminar for the weekend.

No trials on that weekend. Woo hooooo!!! Endeavour Hills......so close EXTRA woo hoo.

Clicker training. OK. Whatever....it teaches to watch/judge responses of our dogs.

Timing and consistency is so important........positive reinforcement/ negative reinforcement. Some say 2 second rule applies, some say 1/2 second.

The proof is what WE see. Watch our dogs.

Edited by Lablover

This seminar will be aimed at obedience that can be applied to ANKC obedience not just Schutzhund obedience.

For example I know that when a seminar was held in Qld last year Uta demonstrated on how she uses the clicker to stop dogs from chewing the dumbbell.

It will be an opportunity to learn how to use the clicker for precision in obedience as well as tricks and other fun stuff.

Uta uses the clicker to teach her dogs tricks when she is not training for the sport. She does this for fun and to break the monotonous routine of training. :rofl:

I am not sure if she will also demonstrate how she uses the clicker in tracking as well, but I would say that she is open to suggestions :rolleyes:

so might be worth letting the secretary know of things people are interested in learning and perhaps Uta can include these things in the seminar :)

Well put Oonga,

I also think this is a perfect opertunity for people to learn how to get their dogs to heel in full focus and get the most out of drive training.Uta is a brilliant trainer and her trial record and success with Malinois on the WORLD stage speaks for itself.

Well put Oonga,

I also think this is a perfect opertunity for people to learn how to get their dogs to heel in full focus and get the most out of drive training.

I will very much enjoy this, I'm sure :cheer:. My dog hasn't been well of late and have had to put drive training on hold for the time being, but gathering the info so I can use it when we can return to drive training will be excellent.

Would this be mainly focused at Schutzhund ?

Yes she competes in the sport, and is very sucessfull.

Barkly looks a bit like a German Shepherd doesn't he?

Maybe I'll pass him of as a miniture German Cocker Spaniel Shepherd.

She has malinois.

I have been to her seminar before and she is brilliant lovely person. Tiny, one has to wonder how does she manage those big shepherds and rotties in her club.

She can read the dog VERY well and will only use corrections as a last result.

I went to the seminar on the Gold Coast last year and she then came to Sydney for couple of days about 2 weeks later. On the Gold Coast she was focused on the obedience part in the seminar. In Sydney she helped couple of people with obedience and some bite work. Ive spend some time with her outside training it was god to see her opinions on various sports and types of dogs etc. Fun person to be out with!

I highly recommend her as a trainer, Id go in a heartbeat again, unfortunatelly Im in Europe when she is here this year :cheer:

Barkly looks a bit like a German Shepherd doesn't he?

Maybe I'll pass him of as a miniture German Cocker Spaniel Shepherd.

She has malinois.

From what i have heard Uta is very open minded and accepting and doesn't discriminate against any breeds :rofl:

I have no doubt she would love to meet your Cocker Spaniel without need to change his breed :laugh:

Though i must say it sounds like an intriguing breed :love:

I went to the seminar on the Gold Coast last year and she then came to Sydney for couple of days about 2 weeks later. On the Gold Coast she was focused on the obedience part in the seminar. In Sydney she helped couple of people with obedience and some bite work.

To my understanding there will be no character work based training at this seminar, it will be teaching the fundamentals of using the clicker to obtain precision in obedience and teaching tricks and basically communicating effectively with your dog.

Monelite it is really fantastic to hear your input as someone who has been to Uta's seminar!!

from what I have heard Uta really enjoys talking dogs and spending time with people to help them get the best out of their dog; your post has confirmed this to me :)

Thanks for sharing :cheer:

She enjoys traveling and a bit of adventure too, so I hope the organisers will take her to some worthy places in Melbourne.

Oh and from memory she doesnt eat seafood in case you are going for dinner with her, choose a place that serves somehting other then seafood :cheer:

She is also judging a sch trial here in Sydney in May, but Im not sure about seminars, dont think there will be anything for general public, most likely only stuff for club members.